LearnUpon is looking for a Director of Comms & PR to join our team in Philadelphia, or remote in New York/ Salt Lake City.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
We’re looking for a Director of Comms & PR to join our marketing team, who has a passion for storytelling and a love of creating great content. In this role you will; create, implement and continuously evaluate our communication, & PR strategy to inform and raise awareness of LearnUpon through owned, earned & paid channels. You will play a key role accelerating our growth by amplifying LearnUpon’s brand and market vision, building trust & credibility, and illustrating the value we deliver for our global customers.
What will I be doing?
- Create and execute Learnupon’s communications, PR & content plans, across owned media, earned media, social media, and speaking opportunities at industry events.
- Work with the senior leadership team and across the marketing team to craft company narratives based on data-driven insights coming from the LMS market, media and analyst landscape.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that company messaging and communications are aligned and consistent across all channels - internal & external.
- Identify opportunities to raise the profile of our C-suite team and support this by drafting, editing, and finalizing content for major events, articles in print and on the web, editorials, blogs, etc.
- Create engaging and newsworthy content for press releases and byline articles.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists, bloggers, and B2B influencers in the LMS and Learning Tech industry.
- Grow LearnUpon’s position as an industry thought leader by identifying key trends and topics for us to speak/ write about and develop a content strategy to execute against this objective.
- Lead the development and distribution of content such as scripts, press releases, social media and other materials.
- Work closely with our Director of Product Marketing to develop positioning and messaging that elevates our place within the LMS market, and engage key industry analysts to increase awareness of LearnUpon.
- Identifying, tracking and reporting on KPIs and metrics that demonstrate the impact of our communications & PR strategy.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of industry trends, as well as the company’s priorities, issues and news to ensure effective communications planning and execution.
What skills do I need?
- You have 7+ years of Communications & PR, preferably in B2B tech.
- 2+ years management experience with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- A true believer in the power of storytelling and experience building a compelling narrative that resonates with a target audience.
- Must be a results-oriented expert in writing content, media relations, and reporting on performance.
- You have good media relationships, strong writing skills, a finger on the pulse of B2B/SaaS trends, and the passion to pursue opportunities that are high-impact.
- Excellent writing, editing and organizational skills.
- Enjoy working as part of a team as well as coaching and mentoring other team members.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our utmost to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience working in the LMS/ Learning Tech industry
- Familiarity with the key industry influencers and publications relevant to the LMS market
- Worked in a start-up environment
- Worked with remote teams
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave +1 annual company wellness day off.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CFO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.