LearnUpon is looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our team in Ireland.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer in our Engineering group, you will be a key technical leader and role model within the organization. You’ll be leading the design of a scalable, best-in-class LMS and you’ll grow and strengthen the great company culture that we have in LearnUpon.
What will I be doing?
- Drive impact and innovation while building and shipping software at scale.
- Provide architectural guidance and mentorship to up-level the engineering organization.
- Identify problems and opportunities and lead teams to architect, design, implement and operationalize systems.
- Actively improve the level of craftsmanship by developing best practices and coaching.
- Work closely with and influence product and/or technology partners regularly to help define roadmap.
- Resolve conflicts between teams within the organization to get alignment and build team culture.
- Review others’ work and share knowledge.
What skills do I need?
- 10+ years of experience in software design and development in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C/C++.
- Hands-on experience writing and shipping high-quality, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Able to effectively communicate technical ideas to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Experience debugging in a data-heavy environment (e.g. Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience with stream processing at scale (e.g. Beam/Flink/Storm) or GCP and related tools.
- Working experience with cloud-based services such as AWS, Google cloud, or Azure.
- Strong Design, coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and collaboration capabilities.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience leading a large organization.
- Experience working with and leading teams in multiple locations.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.