LearnUpon is looking for a Principal Data Engineer to join our Data Insights team in Serbia.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
Our Data Insights team is vital to our Product data culture and is responsible for gathering insights for the business while also innovating with Machine Learning initiatives. As a Principal Data Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation of a Data Lake/Warehouse, writing new data pipelines to capture new data and transform this into high performance data sets to be exploited by Data Analysts and Machine Learning Engineers. You will be bringing your outstanding technical, communication and proven data infrastructure design/implementation capabilities, to deliver results with your team.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be an amazing technical coach and mentor to our Data Insights team
- Hands-on participation in your teams engineering tasks such as coding, peer reviews, building automation tests
- Working closely with Engineering teams to discuss and agree solutions
- Facilitating continuous improvement in the team by reviewing performance metrics
- Proactive enhancement and support of the Data architecture to minimise technical debt and maximise agility
- Guiding data insight solutions with rapid delivery and iterating fast in mind
- Ad-hoc projects that combine analytics into consumable stories/facts
What skills do I need?
- Experience in technically mentoring a Data Team, ensuring engineering best practices are being followed
- Track record of driving the highest level of engineering standards: architecture, coding, processes, and working practices
- You have 6+ years of Python Data Engineering experience. You are experienced in building complex ETL pipelines using Python.
- Good understanding of data science and machine learning techniques/algorithms and statistics analysis
- Extensive data modelling experience
- Extensive experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of related technologies
- Extensive Experience with Big Data Technologies
- Self starter and comfortable with ambiguity, working in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions, gain alignment, and drive progress
- Excellent written and spoken English
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Previous LMS Experience
- Experience with Ruby/Rails apps
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.