LearnUpon is looking for an experienced Sales Director to spearhead our growth in North America.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their Employees, Customers, and Partners. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
About the Team
We’re growing our Sales team to respond to very strong demand for the LearnUpon LMS platform. This growth has resulted in the need to hire an extraordinary leader with a track record of attracting talent, plus developing and motivating a team of fantastic SaaS sales professionals.
Our team is a group of highly driven Account Executives that are smart, dedicated, and love closing new business! We work collaboratively as a team to accomplish and exceed quarterly & annual objectives. Our team is goal-oriented, works hard, and enjoys the incredible trajectory that LearnUpon provides. Our overarching objective is to deliver LearnUpon’s progressive revenue goals through our client's success.
Over the past 5 years LearnUpon has built a successful and high performing Sales team in our Dublin HQ. We sell into markets right across the globe however, 75% of our revenue is generated from the North American market. In response to very strong demand for LearnUpon’s LMS platform, we are now looking to build a world-class Sales team, and supporting ecosystem, within the U.S. region. Our strong growth rate has resulted in the need to hire an extraordinary Sales leader with a track record of attracting talent and operating in a start-up environment.
Our team is a group of highly driven Sales Professionals that are smart, dedicated, and love closing new business! We work collaboratively as a team to accomplish and exceed quarterly & annual objectives. Our team is goal-oriented, works hard, and enjoys the incredible trajectory that LearnUpon provides. Our overarching objective is to deliver LearnUpon’s progressive revenue goals by increasing our client footprint and winning new business.
What will I be doing?
This is a unique role at LearnUpon. You will be our first Sales Director based in North America and you will be at the start of a very exciting journey! This role will sit under the Head of Sales with a broad remit to build out the Sales function within the region. We will depend on you to scale our Enterprise business and drive us towards our $100m revenue goal by 2025.
- Attract and hire SaaS sales professionals to build a high performing team from the ground up.
- Provide onboarding support to new hires in order to help them ramp quickly.
- As the team scales, coach team members in sales strategy, pipeline management, opportunity management and revenue forecasting.
- Provide skills training & mentoring on sales motions including: objection handling, demo best practice, price negotiations, collaboration with legal/finance/procurement teams, sales presentations, internal stakeholder management.
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline to ensure predictability within the business.
- Provide guidance, support and mentorship to your team members to facilitate development goals and career ambitions.
- Play an active part in your team members’ opportunities to help them win and overcome objections.
- Attend onsite F2F customer meetings alongside your team as part of the sales process.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of LearnUpon’s solution offerings in order to articulate our value proposition.
- Work cross-functionally with Business Development, Customer Success, Marketing, Support, Product, etc. to ensure relevant support in the pre-sales process.
- Maintain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in building winning proposals.
- As the Sales team scales, build out the supporting ecosystem to assist in the winning of new business opportunities.
Lead with passion and energy to create a fun & friendly environment.
What skills do I need?
- Operates with integrity and respect in everything you do.
- At least 5 years experience of working within the Learning or LMS industry.
- You are an accomplished leader that motivates teams to deliver breakthrough results.
- Successful track record of quota attainment at both individual contributor and manager levels.
- Strong understanding of a SaaS business model.
- A passion for hiring, developing, motivating and retaining highly valued sales talent.
- Competence in liaising with prospects and customers at an Executive level.
- Strong drive for results, while retaining a focus on consistently delivering a great customer experience.
- Exceptional skills in prospecting, discovery, presentation, buying behaviors and overcoming objections.
- Get-it-done mindset: not afraid to roll up your sleeves, getting into the data and analysing the business to identify areas of improvement.
- Does what it takes to get the job done whilst also thinking at a strategic level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, attention to detail, and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com and other sales enablement tools.
- Experienced at working on complex and creative contract negotiations.
- Experienced in leveraging an opportunity management methodology, e.g. MEDDICC
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to travel occasionally for prospect, customer or internal meetings.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university
- Ability to travel occasionally for customer or internal meetings (post-COVID of course!)
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go
- Structured learning environment
- Competitive salary and company ESOP
- Private health insurance
- 22 days paid time off (PTO) + 8 Holidays
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to an initial a 30-minute call with our Talent team
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a 1hr 30m interview with the Head of Sales
- If successful, candidates will be invited to deliver a practical presentation to demonstrate their Leadership qualities
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team