LearnUpon is looking for a Principal Application Security Engineer to join our team in Belgrade.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
Our Security Operations team is the core of our application security efforts. You will be a part of the team that is driving security initiatives and elevating the organisation to the highest maturity levels.
What will I be doing?
- Architects, designs, implements, maintains and analyses application security controls.
- Designs and promotes security procedures in development and change management lifecycle of application systems, and provides oversight to ensure compliance.
- Designs, analyses and implements threat detection tools and incident response processes.
- Supports the development and implementation of a threat modelling framework to be used for application changes, features, etc.
- Organises the development and administration of application security training and awareness programs.
- Provides technical mentorship and guidance in terms of app security to teammates and other engineering teams.
What skills do I need?
- 8+ years of experience in application security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Cyber Security or equivalent.
- One or more security certifications such as CSSLP, CISSP, OSCP, GWEB.
- Expert understanding of application security and associated risk management.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing application security controls in a SaaS-based solution.
- Expert understanding of security in the SDLC and SAST/SCA/DAST tools.
- Experience in pen testing web applications and/or mobile applications.
- Demonstrable experience of driving application security requirements in the product.
- Ability to lead risk assessments and threat modelling.
- Excellent communication skills, team player.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services.
- Previous experience of eLearning technologies.
- Experience working with OWASP SAMM or BSIMM frameworks.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.