LearnUpon is looking for an Information Security Officer to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Utah, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
Our Security team is essential to our Company and is responsible for enhancing and overseeing security for all of LearnUpon. You will be part of a vibrant and growing team that engages with all parts of LearnUpon (including our customers), maintains our strong security culture and works on new and exciting initiatives. We deliver seamless security improvements that continue to enable our business and we want you to be responsible for helping us achieve our vision of ensuring that security is a key factor in every decision made in the organisation.
What will I be doing?
- Performing risk assessments on new / existing solutions deployed in LearnUpon
- Researching, designing and implementing new security controls across the organisation, with a particular focus on our IT, infrastructure/cloud environments
- Building out and maturing capabilities such as vulnerability management
- Investigating and managing potential security incidents
- Working with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure that security requirements are incorporated into new initiatives, including new product features
- Reviewing and approving changes that could impact the security of the LearnUpon environment
- Performing 3rd Party vendor assessments as required
- Assisting in the implementation and wider improvement of our ISMS
- Assisting in the completion of ISO/SOC 2/Internal audits
- Assisting in the completion of prospective customer RFPs
- Act as an InfoSec champion and support other teams in their delivery of strong InfoSec practices
What skills do I need?
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering)
- 3+ years professional experience in a relevant InfoSec role
- A strong understanding of technical security concepts and the application of these in real-world environments
- Experience working in a security incident management, cloud security or technical risk assessment role
- Experience of implementing and/or working in an ISO 27001 compliant environment
- The ability to articulate technical risk to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- A demonstrable understanding of compliance programs such as ISO 27001, SOC 2
- A demonstrable understanding of InfoSec controls and standards such as NIST, COBIT
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience designing and implementing security controls in cloud environments.
- Recognised security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCSP, SANS)
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 Company day off.
- Flexible Working Arrangements - work with your Manager to determine the best working hours and location (home, office, hybrid) in order to help you balance work and family life, and to suit your lifestyle.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our COO
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team
Visit our Careers page to find out more about working for LearnUpon, and check us out on Instagram.