LearnUpon is looking for a Principal QA Engineer to join our team in Belgrade.
LearnUpon is a cloud-based software company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, with offices in Sydney, Philadelphia and Belgrade. LearnUpon is designed for organizations looking to distribute their courses and track their training quickly and easily at scale.
At LearnUpon we put our customer’s experience at the heart of everything we do, we always strive for the best solution (not easy one), and we commit to producing work that we can be proud of. Our company is a very open, collaborative environment where team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. You can be a part of a team who supports and guides each other to be our best, and who does their best work in a supportive and fun environment.
There is no centralised test/quality department in LearnUpon, the QA Engineers are distributed amongst a number of Scrum teams. Our Quality Guild is vital to our company and is responsible for ensuring LearnUpon produces products to the highest quality. You will be part of a team who values exploring, mutual learning and a desire to build quality into our products at every possible opportunity. You will be responsible for growing and strengthening our group of QA Engineers while upholding the culture and values that we have in LearnUpon. The Principal QA Engineer reports to a Senior Manager in our EngOps department and will be involved in designing quality policy for the entire Engineering organisation.
What will I be doing?
- Mentoring and coaching QA Engineers across all agile teams and functions and at all levels
- Directly responsible for the continual learn, develop and improve programme for test aware engineers
- Providing leadership for the QA Guild which exists across all agile teams while also being an escalation point for QA Engineers
- Ensuring that the testing of products within the organization is transparent, efficient and effective. Instinctively knows the meaning of “good enough”.
- Acts as the quality “conscience” of the product but is also pragmatic
- Be able to communicate innovative ideas and concepts with great impact driving change within the engineering organisation and at the stakeholder level
- Developing the people, checking and processes to ensure quality levels are met
- Leading/assisting with design and implementation of an Exploratory Test Strategy within a continuous delivery, Agile SaaS environment that maximize test effectiveness and deliver quality solutions to our customers
- Assisting security team to ensure ISO 27001 & SOC II standards are maintained
- Working with the QA Leads, the management team and delivery teams - create, define, drive and implement a continual improvement vision for quality within the engineering organization
- Providing the monitoring and measuring of key processes and analysis skills to identify opportunities for Continual Improvement across engineering.
- Facilitation of inter-team communication across many agile teams within an organization
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years experience as a Principal QA, Quality Lead or similar role working with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
- Track Record implementing agile test strategies within a continuous delivery environment
- Experience measuring, analysing and communicating process metrics is a must
- Experiences in modern Exploratory Testing techniques such as “Session Based Test Management”
- Hands-on experience of Agile software delivery methodologies and leadership
- Experience hiring QA Engineers in an agile environment
- Good understanding of automation tooling and processes that support CI/CD
- Experience developing/testing SaaS products
- Excellent communication, change agent and coaching skills
- Excellent mentoring and team building skills
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Knowledge of building and working in a TDD/BDD environment
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of test automation within CI/CD pipeline
- Experienced user of Jira from a data analysis perspective, ideally have previous experience managing Jira workflows
- Ability to script or code in Python or equivalent a distinct advantage
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private Health Insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of technical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our HoE and CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.