LearnUpon is looking for a Director of Product Design to join our team in Dublin or our Philadelphia Office. We also have the option to work remotely from New York, Utah, Maine, Texas and Arizona. .
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
As Director of Product Design you are tasked with driving forward our vision to be the number one LMS choice for enterprise organizations; You will do this through the lens of our users' experience with our platform. You will lead your team to success through strong leadership and collaboration and the desire for success at your core.
What will I be doing?
- Partner with Product & Tech leadership to set the strategy and vision for the future of LearnUpons product.
- You will be overall responsible for our design vision, strategy and initiatives for an experience that exceeds our customers' expectations.
- Serve as a mentor / coach as you grow your organization, stepping in when needed on the most strategic and complex projects.
- Hire top rated product designers and user experience researchers to build a world class design organization.
- Create a strong design team culture that attracts and retains top talent while ensuring only the best experiences are shipped.
- You will provide context, support and guidance as the team works toward our business objectives — you will inspire and lead from behind and put your team first.
- Work with cross-functional leaders (engineering, CSMs, support, sales, marketing, product, research) to serve as the voice of design and the user.
- Elevate the role and influence of design within the company.
- Establish our product design style, and guide to a holistic and scalable design system that spans our user journey.
- Establish measurable criteria for our user experience to learn and improve designs.
What skills do I need?
- 10+ years experience designing exceptional experiences in enterprise software, SAAS or B2B products.
- A proven track record of building & leading a product design team and developing talent in the team.
- Excellent practical knowledge of the design skill set through user research, UX design, and UI design.
- You can demonstrate your ability to champion accessible, reusable, and scalable design.
- You have solid professional experience managing product designers and product design managers.
- Strong collaboration skills are second nature to you and you can comfortably communicate with executives.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Good understanding of LMS domain and vocabulary
- A Master’s Degree in a related field, Computer Science and Business preferred.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Employer contributed pension.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute call
- Candidates will have an interview with our Head of Product.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a practical interview.
- From there you will have be invited to interview with the CEO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join the team.