LearnUpon is looking for an Associate Site Reliability Engineer to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
The Associate SRE Role is an opportunity to join our existing SRE team to practice and develop the fundamental skills and philosophy we employ to maintain and improve our application. Previous experience working in SRE is not a requirement to be considered for this position. You’ll be joining our experienced infrastructure team, based in Dublin and will get to work on a wide variety of projects including resource provisioning, application deployment, monitoring, scaling, and automation.
What will I be doing?
System Administration & Site Reliability
- Using common orchestration tools to manage and improve infrastructure (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- Contribute to internal tools that help us improve our operations processes, manage our infrastructure, and scale our systems.
Operations and Support
- Manage user provisioning and automated provisioning systems.
- Automation and improvement of ongoing tasks and processes.
- Assist internal teams in their operations.
- Assist in applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Contribute to system configuration and asset management applications.
What skills do I need?
- Some experience with Linux systems and the Unix Shell
- Understanding of common Internet protocols (e.g. HTTP, DNS, SMTP).
- Familiarity with APIs used for monitoring, management and user provisioning.
- A willingness to learn and improve our daily operational processes.
- Ability to digest and discuss issues/solutions with team members that may not be familiar with such terminology/technologies
- Excellent communication skills, team player.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our utmost to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience maintaining uptime of a production application.
- Scripting language experience / DevOp responsibilities such as Perl, Python etc. or similar languages
- Certification in AWS, any PaaS, and/or related technologies.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer contributed pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a practical interview.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our Head of Infrastructure.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.