LearnUpon is looking for a Head of Business Development to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon’s world class LMS helps organisations train their employees, partners, and customers, allowing businesses to manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
The Business Development Team is at the forefront of the Sales process in LearnUpon, responsible for qualifying all inquiries that come into LearnUpon and proactively creating opportunities through outbound prospecting.
What will I be doing?
- Lead a high performing business development team in B2B SaaS through training, recruiting, managing and promoting top talent
- Ensure the right team structure & culture is deployed, including 1:1 shadowing, coaching and mentoring of BDR Managers and their teams
- Ownership and reporting of business development KPIs and metrics as part of LearnUpon’s overall go to market strategy
- Identify and work cross functionally to mitigate inefficiencies in team systems and processes
- Liaise and coordinate efforts with marketing, sales, revenue operations and product teams to maintain alignment in LearnUpon's go-to-market strategy
- Own the business development strategy by researching the market and ensuring that LearnUpon can scale to achieve our growth objectives
What skills do I need?
- The ideal candidate is customer focused, metrics driven, embraces a consultative sales philosophy and is passionate about helping their team succeed
- Self-motivation, energy, high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results and the ability to deal with change in a rapidly growing organisation are a must
- You have a track record of leading and building high-performing sales or business development teams and understand how to lead your team to consistently deliver results
- You are analytical and detail oriented. You can collect data and quickly make decisions about efficiencies in our business development process. You are comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Enjoys the challenge of delivering on monthly and quarterly pipeline generation targets
- You have proven experience building out an Outbound Business Development strategy in a fast-growth tech company
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Preferred 5+ years of software sales experience in a leadership role
- Proven success as a Sales or Business Development leader, in a B2B SaaS company - you likely started your career as a BDR and you’ve closed deals too
- You are familiar with the technology landscape - expert in LI Navigator, Salesforce, Zoom, Salesloft, Cognism, Google suite, etc
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go
- Structured learning environment
- Competitive salary and company ESOP
- Employer contributed pension
- Private health insurance
- 22 days annual leave
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call with our Talent team
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews with leaders from our Marketing, Sales & Business Development teams.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team