LearnUpon is looking for an Android Developer to join our team in Belgrade on a fixed term (up to 6 months).
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development of an application aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of the Android application and its integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality product is essential.
What will I be doing?
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Designing and building high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Documenting the whole development process for future app maintenance
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years of proven working experience in Android app development and have published multiple Android apps
- Complete understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our utmost to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- E-learning experience
- SaaS experience
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave (pro rata).
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a technical interview.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our Head of engineering.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.