At LearnUpon, we’re seeking a Financial Controller to join our team in Ireland.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun. Reporting to the Head of Finance this role will lead the day-to-day operations of the financial and accounting operations of the company. This is an exciting and challenging role, which will sit within the finance function.
What will I be doing?
- Manage finance and accounting operations, including business process improvement. Own the global close process and related reporting, including accounts payable, general ledger, and consolidations
- Manage and adhere to transfer pricing arrangements with global subsidiaries
- Manage the worldwide cash flows of the group, including understanding FX exposure and implementing strategies as required
- Implement improved process regarding vendor management, including ownership of the procurement process
- Leverage technology to build scalable/sustainable processes to create efficiencies, streamline accounting operations
- Benchmark and coordinate with industry peers on standard methodologies related to accounting, systems, policies, and processes
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects
- Oversee the implementation of a new ERP system
- Manage and development of the team, including Finance Manager to ensure opportunities for career growth and development
What skills do I need?
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA\ACA) with 10+ years experience managing teams working in fast growing finance/accounting leadership role, preferably in SAAS
- Solid experience in business operations and ability to set up systems and processes to ensure effective internal controls and accounting procedures
- Experience in high-growth startups; a strong understanding of multiple business segments and their accounting and metrics
- Strong exposure to multiple entity consolidation and reporting
- Experience with implementation of global tax and treasury processes
- Proven record of mentoring and developing employees
- Has a keen focus on agility, and capable of pivoting based on changing business needs, while keeping your team in a steady state
- Results oriented, with proven ability to prioritize and deliver quality work in a challenging, fast-paced environment
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a plus
- Exposure to level finance functions such a Treasury, Tax and and M&A
- Pre-IPO SaaS experience
- Experience implementing company systems
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular social events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews, including a task
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CFO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.