LearnUpon is looking for a Financial Controller to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
About the Team
LearnUpon is growing rapidly in response to strong demand for LearnUpon’s LMS platform. We need an experienced SaaS Financial Controller. This is a unique opportunity for a self motivated individual to join a rapidly growing software company and make significant contributions.
You will work directly with LearnUpon’s CFO and closely with LearnUpon’s management team to scale our business. Leading candidates will be excited about working in a fast-moving global entrepreneurial environment and have extensive finance within a high-growth SaaS organization.
This role will lead the day-to-day operations of the financial and accounting operations of the company. You will build the backend of our finance function in order to scale LearnUpon to hundreds of million in revenue. This is an exciting and challenging role, which will sit within the finance function and report to the CFO.
What will I be doing?
- Manage finance and accounting operations. Own the global close process and related reporting, including revenue recognition, general ledger, and consolidations
- Manage and adhere to transfer pricing arrangements with global subsidiaries
- Manage the worldwide cash flows of the group
- Evaluate financial/accounting processes, propose improvements, and oversee implementation
- Leverage technology to build scalable/sustainable processes to create efficiencies, streamline accounting operations, and improve employee and customer experience
- Benchmark and coordinate with industry peers on standard methodologies related to accounting, systems, policies, and processes
- Drive career development for the accounting team, be an inspirational leader to the overall finance team, ensure a scaling focus is felt across the business
- Interact with senior executives and board regarding financial matters as needed
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to executives, stakeholders, and board members
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects
What skills do I need?
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA\ACA) with 5+ years experience working in fast growing SaaS finance/accounting leadership role
- Experience with scale and global complexity across global high growth companies
- Solid experience in business operations and ability to set up systems and processes to ensure firm-wide controls. Ensure effective internal controls and appropriate accounting procedures
- Experience in operating various software systems, such as Netsuite, Salesforce, and Bill.com
- Experience in high-growth startups; a strong understanding of multiple business segments and their accounting and metrics
- Ability to interpret and effectively communicate financial performance to senior management and other outside partners
- Strong understanding of foreign currency translation and global consolidations. Strong exposure to multiple entity consolidation and reporting
- Proven record of mentoring and developing employees in a global environment
- Comfortable leading teams through ambiguity and be a champion of change
- Demonstrated ability to build new capabilities. Passionate and persistent about operational excellence
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial attitude, and independent and adaptable worker
- Has a keen focus on agility, and capable of pivoting based on changing business needs, while keeping your team in a steady state
- Results oriented, with proven ability to prioritize and deliver quality work in a challenging, fast-paced environment
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Exposure to level finance functions such a Treasury, Tax and and M&A
- Pre-IPO SaaS experience
- Experience implementing company systems
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary
- Employer Contributed Pension
- Private health insurance.
- Company ESOP.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to a 30 min screening call with the Talent team
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a 60 min interview with our CFO
- If successful, candidates will be invited to deliver a 90 min task-based presentation (demonstrating their practical skill set) and interview with our CFO and COO
- Finally, the candidate will be contacted with an offer to join our team