LearnUpon is looking for a Senior UI Designer to join our team in Belgrade.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
The LearnUpon Brand is a critical part of our company, and layering it into our products is an important job.
Our platform allows our customers to build their own branded experience, and as such our LearnUpon personality must be flexible enough to blend into the background and get out of our users' way, while also being supportive and practical.
Our design system provides the building block components that keep our products consistent, beautiful, usable, and accessible. Our design system ensures LearnUpon feels like LearnUpon—and that means our design system should be infused with our brand’s qualities and sensibilities. This role will connect the brand and product and report to our Director of Product Design.
What will I be doing?
- Work with cross-functional teams, collaborating with product designers, UX writers, product managers, and engineers, from ideation to execution.
- Help the team define, create, and improve the tools and processes that accelerate workflows for designers and developers.
- Partner with our front-end guild to create detailed design specs and future proofed components, that are flexible enough to grow and adapt as well as meet accessible guidelines.
- Help foster a positive, creative, work environment that pushes the boundaries of our UI.
- Explore and make recommendations for our interactions and visuals, to better reflect our brand and the professional, thoughtful experience we aim to build.
- Maximise the creative potential of our product through research of our customers and their interaction with our product, as well as market trends and best practices.
What skills do I need?
- You have a strong sense of design principles, typography, layout, and conceptual skills.
- You're excited about and can demonstrate your knowledge of how fonts, color, animation, illustration, iconography, and design systems engage and empower users.
- You are constantly abreast of emerging web UI patterns and implementation technologies.
- You can converse with developers about implementation details.
- You are a highly collaborative team player and open to feedback.
- You have a defined way of working and can demonstrate running multiple projects concurrently.
- Degree in visual design, graphic design, HCI or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years as a professional creative.
- Proven ability to develop and produce pixel perfect digital web-based solutions, in an agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in modern design and prototyping tools, and file and component creation.
- Please apply with a portfolio of your previous work.
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience establishing and maintaining design systems and an understanding of the impact of design decisions on a global level.
- Experience bridging the gap of Marketing and Design, and ability to relay a product's best selling points using visual storytelling.
- You can demonstrate an ability to improve processes that may accelerate workflows for other designers and developers.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Successful candidates will then be given a task related to the job position.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.