LearnUpon is looking for a Senior UI Designer to join our team in Belgrade.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
What will I be doing?
This role is both strategic and hands-on, you will be our navigator, partnering with the Group Manager for Design to clarify the teams vision as well as practically getting into the weeds to build the system from the ground up.
- Identify, research, ideate and decide UX and UI standards and guidelines, in close collaboration with your product design team.
- Work with cross-functional teams, collaborating with product designers, UX writers, product managers, and engineers, from ideation to execution—you know there is no “finish” as you better incorporate our brand sensibilities within all the ongoing work, keeping our standards and targets aligned.
- Define, create, and improve the tools and processes that accelerate workflows for other designers and developers. Such as:
- Translating pattern-based solutions into reusable components in an XD design system
- Being Lunity's librarian, documenting our standards and guidelines and ensuring they are easily accessible for any team member to self-serve.
- Partner with our front-end guild to create detailed design specs and future proofed components, that are flexible enough to grow and adapt as well as meet accessible guideline to boot!
- Provide a key bridge point between LearnUpon's Marketing and Product Design teams, with a specific responsibility to relay our products best selling points using visual storytelling.
- Create a positive, creative, work environment that pushes the boundaries of our UI. Mentor and encourage wild exploration of our interactions and visuals, to better reflect our brand and the professional, thoughtful experience we aim to build.
- Maximise the creative potential of our product through constant research of our customers and their interaction with our product, as well as market trends and best practices.
What skills do I need?
- Detail oriented. Meticulous attention to detail, especially as it pertains to design systems and production processes.
- Designer Toolbox. You have a strong sense of design principles, typography, layout, and conceptual skills
- Experience. You have experience establishing and maintaining design system guidelines across multiple scrum teams, and an understanding of the ramifications of design decisions on a global level
- Strong critical thinking. You understand the importance of visual design as part of an experience from both a human-centred and business perspective and can confidently present your rationale and insight.
- Coding Converser. You have a thirst for learning about modern, emerging web UI patterns and implementation technologies. No coding required, but an ability to converse with developers about implementation details is crucial.
- Proactive and self driven. You don't wait. You seek out the info you need and look for help from colleagues when needed.
- Highly collaborative. You love working with others.
- Passionate about UI. You're excited about using fonts, colour, animation, illustration, iconography, and design systems to inspire, engage, and empower users.
- Time Ninja. You manage time well across across multiple projects, in an agile environment.
- Constantly soaking inspiration. You are always seeking new ideas from everything around you.
- Design Process. You have a defined way of working and show work when in process because you know exposing it frequently will improve it
What experience do I need?
- Degree in visual design, graphic design, HCI or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years as a professional creative
- Proven ability to develop and produce pixel perfect digital web-based solutions, in an agile environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in modern design and prototyping tools, and fastidious file and component creation
- Compelling portfolio of work spanning multiple projects.
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience working in an agile environment on a SAAS product
- Experience with A/B testing and analytic tools
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Successful candidates will then be given a task related to the job position.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.