LearnUpon is looking for a Finance and Accounting Manager to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
About the Team
LearnUpon is growing at a tremendous pace in response to very strong demand for LearnUpon’s LMS Platform. There is a need for a self-learner who adapts well to a fast moving environment and can get things done. You will combine creativity, problem-solving and can-do attitude to overcome any challenge.
This role will lead the day-to-day operations of the financial and accounting operations of the company. You will be responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly management accounts, and managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Revenue submissions, as well as working with external Auditors. This role will sit within the finance function and report to the CFO.
What will I be doing?
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts and related reports.
- Manage the month end process. Create and maintain GL reconciliations for monthly management accounts close processes.
- Provide analysis of variances to management accounts.
- Calculate deferred revenue.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Perform commission calculations to ensure the accurate reporting and payment of funds for internal sales and partnership relationships.
- Prepare and process Company payroll on a bi-monthly/monthly basis.
- Prepare a monthly Accounts Payable Run.
- Be a primary point of contact for the annual external auditor to verify the completeness and accuracy of the company's financial records, according to UK GAAP
- Preparing Revenue Returns (Bi-monthly VAT, Quarterly VIES, Annual RTD)
- Develop adequate processes to maintain financial corporate governance
- Lead and manage the Accounts Administrator
- Ad hoc finance projects
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years experience working in SaaS finance/accounting environment. Knowledge of SaaS KPIs and operating metrics
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA\ACA).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Experience in operating various software systems, such as Netsuite, Xero, and Bill.com
- Exposure to multiple entity consolidation and reporting
- A high degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness, with an ability to discover and proactively remedy discrepancies
- High energy, proactive and independent individual who can serve as a partner and consultant
- Results oriented, with proven ability to prioritize and deliver quality work in a challenging, fast-paced environment
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Exposure to level finance functions such a Treasury, Tax and and M&A
- Pre-IPO SaaS experience
- Salesforce experience
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary
- Employer Contributed Pension
- Private health insurance.
- Company ESOP.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a 60 interview with our CFO.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to complete a practical task.
- Finally, candidates will have an interview with our wider finance team.
- The successful candidate will be contacted with an offer to join our team.