LearnUpon is looking for a Lead Test Automation Engineer to join our engineering team.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
LearnUpon is a company that values quality and are looking for a Senior Engineer who specialises in design and development of test automation frameworks to lead the automation team. Test automation is a key development strategy for LearnUpon and will enable the company to scale effectively.
What will I be doing?
- Become LearnUpon’s subject matter expert in automated testing.
- Lead the growth of the test automation team and development of automation best practices within the QA team and wider Dev teams within LearnUpon.
- Identify and recommend automated testing processes and tools.
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and mentoring to implement test automation across development teams.
- Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework & approach across project teams.
- Design, Architect and Build test automation solutions within the Engineering organisation
- Define and publish key performance metrics for the automated testing.
- Integrating test automation processes with LearnUpon CI/CD pipeline.
- Working closely with our development team to manage new features and test requirements.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of experience in building automated test frameworks, ideally in Python.
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver essential.
- Experience with using a BBD framework such as the Robot Framework (Python) or Cucumber.
- Understanding and experience with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Experience with web technologies: HTTP/S, APIs, OAuth, legacy SOA (SOAP, REST), XML, JSON, XPath.
- Experience designing, developing and testing SaaS solutions.
- Excellent written and spoken English for communicating with the team.
- Bright, hard-working, can work on their own initiative and independently.
- Demonstrate good judgement in analyzing information to make routine decisions.
- Ability to excite delivery teams about TDD and building a repository of tools for the same.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- A working knowledge of containers, orchestration tools and Cloud platforms is a distinct advantage.
- A technology qualification (Degree or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Ruby/Rails, JQuery, SQL, *nix OS platforms, basic network protocols and/or API/Auth type mechanisms are considered a major plus.
- An eLearning/LMS background with experience of industry standards and terminology such as SCORM, AICC, Tin Can, etc.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of technical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.