LearnUpon is looking for a Product Operations Manager to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and enthusiastic Product Operations Manager to join our team. As a Product Operations Manager you will ensure robust and accurate execution of product related operations, such as pre and post-release knowledge transfer, release notes, timely documentation updates, customer facing teams communication as well as administration and operation of internal product management tools.
This is a new role in LearnUpon and successful candidates will have experience building and leading a product operations function in a SAAS/ product centric environment.
What will I be doing?
Ensure all product changes are communicated to internal (employees) and external (Customers, Partners) stakeholders
- Write detailed and timely release notes.
- Facilitate proactive communication on releases, product iterations and high impact changes to all stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Ensure technical and customer facing documentation is in place before a release is pushed to production.
- Work with product management and product marketing teams to create market facing articles such as blog posts.
- Build early release plans with product managers and communicate across the rest of the organisation.
Consistency and alignment of the release management process among Product Management teams
- Identify and implement tools & processes to ensure efficient and scalable product management processes.
- Administrate product management tools, such as issue tracking, roadmapping, ideation, wireframing etc.
- Administrate product knowledge management tools to capture and report on customer feedback.
Ensure Product Managers have access to the right information to make decisions
- Create and evolve processes to help product managers be more informed in their day-to-day - customer feedback, market insights, KPIs etc.
- Coordinate gathering customer feedback and insight post release
- Build and maintain templates, guidelines, how-to references and resources.
Build and continuously improve the product operations function
- Build and evolve the product operations function to support a growing, fast paced, agile environment in line with overall company growth.
- Continuously gather feedback from all stakeholders to improve product operations.
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years in a similar role in a Product / SaaS company, ideally leading a product operations team.
- Project management experience and a professional project management certification
- Ability to plan and act on multiple tasks and initiatives
- Experience giving technical presentations
- A self starter, ability to set goals and work independently in line with objectives
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Good understanding of LMS domain and vocabulary
- Curiosity and excitement about innovation in the LMS space
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Employer contributed pension.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute call
- Candidates will have an interview with our Head of Product.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a practical interview.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join the team.