LearnUpon is looking for a DevOps Engineer join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon, a global leader in the Learning Management System (LMS) category, is changing the way organisations educate their Employees, Customers and Partners. Over 1,200 organisations around the world are using LearnUpon to unlock the power of learning by enabling them to deliver impactful training that fuels success - all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
As part of the infrastructure team, you will help ensure developers have all systems and safeguards in place to help them fulfill their role. This ranges from containerised environments to dynamic cloud environments to an extensive CI/CD toolset to reliably and quickly deliver.
The role will suit someone with a mix of technical skills (scripting, tools, administration), a reasonable understanding of web application development and deployment, and has excellent communications skills to work across multiple teams and multiple locations, to achieve a shared goal of a seamless developer experience.
What will I be doing?
On a day-to-day basis you will be performing a number of duties, including:
- Supporting a containerised development environment (in Docker or Kubernetes) across multiple environments
- Liaising with Engineering teams on infrastructure requirements and good practice
- Improving CI/CD structures and pipelines
- Handling integrations to better automate the full SDLC (e.g. Jira, Git, and CI/CD tooling)
- Supporting automation teams to improve the testing done as part of the CI/CD pipeline
- Being a champion for CI/CD and delivering code changes frequently and reliably.
What skills do I need?
- At least 4 years professional experience in a relevant DevOps role
- Good scripting experience (Bash, Python, etc.).
- Commercial experience with CI/CD tooling (preferably self-hosted, but any experience will be considered).
- Experience with containerisation, and production deployment of same.
- Good system administration experience (being able to install/update/configure a variety of services)
- Good project management and time management skills, as this is a multi-discipline role with a number of responsibilities
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. computer science)
- Excellent communicator to liaise with multiple teams across multiple locations
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (ideally AWS) for distributed web application deployments
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- AWS experience (EC2, EKS, Lambda, etc.)
- AWS certification
- Rails / Ruby experience
- Web application development experience (front or back-end)
- Networking and firewall fundamentals
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and
- Company ESOP.
- Employer contributed pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our senior leadership team.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.