LearnUpon is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Dublin, and help deliver LearnUpon's CI/CD and developer tooling.
LearnUpon is a cloud based software company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with offices in Philadelphia, Belgrade and Sydney. LearnUpon is designed for organizations looking to distribute their courses and track their training quickly and easily at scale.
At LearnUpon we put our customer’s experience at the heart of everything we do, we always strive for the best solution (not the easy one), and we commit to producing work that we can be proud of. Our company is a very open, collaborative environment where team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join a company where everyone works together as a friendly, supportive team who likes to have fun!
As part of the infrastructure team, you will help ensure developers have all systems and safeguards in place to help them fulfill their role. That includes Jira workflows to aid development lifecycle processes, to take ownership of CI/CD pipelines, and work with multiple teams to continuously improve them. The role will also be responsible for providing a consistent toolset and development stack.
The role will suit someone with a mix of technical skills (scripting, tools, administration), a basic understanding of web application development and deployment, and has excellent communications skills to work across multiple teams and multiple locations, to achieve a shared goal of a seamless developer experience.
What will I be doing?
On a day-to-day basis you will be performing a number of duties, including:
- Responsibility for tooling involved in local development environments
- Source code management administration and support (Git)
- Administration, and ownership, of Jira Workflows & integrations for SDLC
- Scripting test and deployment phases for CI/CD pipelines
- Continuous improvement of development environment and tooling
- Work with Engineering and Infrastructure teams to achieve shared goals around release management
- Managing production deployments
What skills do I need?
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. computer science, business administration, compliance, audit)
- At least 1 years professional experience in a relevant DevOps role
- Good project management and time management skills, as this is a multi-discipline role with a number of responsibilities
- Excellent communicator to liaise with multiple teams across multiple locations
- Good scripting experience (any mainstream language)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (ideally AWS) for distributed web application deployments
- Ability to troubleshoot services to pinpoint points of failure
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- AWS certification
- Rails / Ruby experience
- Web application development experience (front or back-end)
- Networking and firewall fundamentals
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our senior leadership team.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.