LearnUpon is looking for a Senior Developer to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
As a Senior Developer you will help your team find solutions to internal customer problems and ship clean, maintainable code. You will contribute to our common libraries, mentor and pair with other developers, and strive to make our software development process more efficient.
What will I be doing?
- Delivering solutions that continue to amaze customers.
- Researching and prototyping newer technologies to constantly evolve the product.
- Focus on the full depth of our software stack, while also growing your technical expertise.
- Collaborate closely with other dev teams when required in order to maintain the integrity of the LU platform.
- Report directly to your team’s development manager and form a close working relationship with members of your team, including mentoring and pairing where required.
What skills do I need?
- You can guide a project from initial requirements gathering right up to deployment, working with the team and all stakeholders along the way
- Experience with understanding and implementing Agile-focused best practices.
- 5+ years experience building applications using Rails, Django or equivalent framework.
- A passion for quality and take pride in keeping your code quality high.
- Extensive experience with relational-databases and query performance.
- You are an excellent communicator and team player who works as well with non-technical stakeholders as your fellow developers.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience with asynchronous job frameworks such as Kafka or Sidekiq
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with non-relational databases.
- Previous experience of eLearning technologies.
- Experience with API and payment gateway integrations.
- Previous use of AngularJS/Angular.
- Experience troubleshooting HTTP and application performance issues.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Employer contributed pension.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our Head of Engineering.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.