LearnUpon is looking for a Contracts Manager to join our team in Philadelphia, US.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Contracts Manager who is skilled at supporting multiple teams across a business with a wide variety of commercial contracts, and who can also think strategically about how to scale our legal services during a period of high growth. This role would suit a person who is ideally looking for part-time flexible work and who aims to grow a role into a full-time position over time.
What will I be doing?
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts including NDAs, Order Forms, DPAs, partnership/reseller agreements, and vendor terms.
- Develop and simplify internal processes and LearnUpon’s internal contract structure.
- Work cross-functionally to support teams and to provide guidance on commonly requested edits, non-startand terms and general contractual questions.
- Support the business on legal review for Request for Proposal (RFPs), security questionnaires, and a variety of other customer-driven requests.
- Maintain, compile, and analyze data related to LearnUpon’s contractual rights and obligations, contract performance, and compliance to report to management.
- Manage outside counsel when required.
- Lead and support any legal projects required in the company.
- Research and understand future Legislation that may impact LearnUpon.
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor's Law degree or qualified as a solicitor.
- 2+ years’ PQE experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating the legal terms of a range of commercial contracts.
- Licenced to practice in Ireland or the USA.
- Meticulous attention to detail when reviewing documentation.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience with customers and their legal counsel.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to manage and prioritise deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Have a clear understanding of the business issues and risks in order to request management’s involvement at appropriate times throughout the contract process.
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently and take initiative and ownership.
- Friendly and supportive to both our customers and colleagues whilst maintaining a fun working atmosphere!
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Have an understanding of SaaS and software licensing.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- Pension Contributions.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to an onsite with the COO.
- Finally, candidates will have a practical interview with both our CFO and COO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.