LearnUpon is looking for a Head of Data Insights to join our team.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun!
We are looking for a Head of Data Insights that will build a data driven team, to help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be building and leading a team, that will specialize in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products and business services.
What will I be doing?
- Reporting into our CTO, you’ll be building, leading and managing our data insights team.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Overseeing all activities of the data insights team, driving their solutions and owning a data culture in LearnUpon.
- Working with your team on data mining activities using state-of-the-art methods.
- Guiding data insight solutions with rapid delivery and iterating fast in mind.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Guiding the processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Presenting project analysis and findings in a clear manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ad-hoc projects that combine analytics, into consumable stories/facts.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years proven experience in implementing a data team in an enterprise/big data space.
- Good understanding of data science and machine learning techniques/algorithms.
- Good understanding of statistics analysis.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Good understanding of SQL relational and NoSQLdatabases.
- Proficiency in technical solution architecture/design of related databases.
- Python is common to you.
- Self-driven, data oriented personality, with the ability to work independently and take the initiative.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- A technology qualification (Degree or equivalent).
- Experience with modern web development techniques, technologies, frameworks and web culture.
- Experience in SaaS and particularly data driven SaaS metrics/cultures.
- An eLearning/LMS background with experience of industry standards and terminology such as SCORM, AICC, Tin Can, etc.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of interviews, one of which shall include a form of case study.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.