LearnUpon is looking for a Quality Manager to join our team in Belgrade.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
There is no centralised test/quality department in LearnUpon, the QA Engineers are distributed amongst a number of Scrum teams. Our Quality Guild is vital to our company and is responsible for ensuring LearnUpon produces products to the highest quality. You will be part of a team who values exploring, mutual learning and a desire to build quality into our products at every possible opportunity. You will be responsible for growing and strengthening our group of QA Engineers while upholding the culture and values that we have in LearnUpon. The Quality Manager reports directly to the Head of Engineering.
What will I be doing?
- Quality Mentor and Coach: Mentors and coaches QA Engineers across all agile teams and functions at all levels. Directly responsible for the continual learn, develop and improve programme for test aware engineers. Provide leadership for the QA Guild which exists across all teams. Being an escalation point for QA Engineers.
- Great Testing: Ensures that the testing of products within the organization is transparent, efficient and effective. Instinctively knows the meaning of “good enough”.
- Quality Evangelist: Acts as the quality “conscience” of the product but is also pragmatic. Is able to communicate innovative ideas and concepts with great impact driving change within the engineering organisation and at the stakeholder level.
- Quality Management: Develops the people, checks and processes to ensure quality levels are met. Leads/assist with designs and implementation of test strategy within a continuous delivery SAAS environment that maximize test effectiveness and deliver quality solutions to our customers. Assists security team to ensure ISO 27001 standard is maintained.
- Quality Vision: With the management team creates, defines, drives and implements a continual improvement vision for quality within the engineering organization. Provides the monitoring and measuring of key processes and analysis skills to identify opportunities for Continual Improvement across engineering. Facilitation of inter-team communication across many agile teams within an organization.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years experience as a Quality Manager or similar role working with Scrum.
- Track Record implementing agile test strategies within a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience measuring, analysing and communicating process metrics is a must.
- Experiences in modern Expository Testing techniques such as “Session Based Test Management”.
- Hands-on experience of Agile software delivery methodologies and leadership.
- Experience hiring QA Engineers in an agile environment.
- Good understanding of automation tooling and processes that support CI/CD.
- Experience developing/testing SaaS products.
- Excellent communication, change agent and coaching skills.
- Excellent mentoring and team building skills.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our utmost to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Knowledge of building and working in a TDD/BDD environment
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of test automation within CI/CD pipeline
- Experienced user of Jira from a data analysis perspective, ideally have previous experience managing Jira workflows
- Ability to script or code in Python or equivalent is a distinct advantage.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to two 1-hour technical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.