LearnUpon is looking for a QA Engineer to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
As a QA Engineer you responsible for designing, developing and executing test plans that contribute to the highest quality of LearnUpon web application. A typical day involves working closely with a scrum team to develop new features, while designing and executing test for these features. You will receive intensive training on LearnUpon’s product suite to get a core understanding of the application and it’s feature sets.
What will I be doing?
- Design, develop and execute tests for LearnUpon features.
- Work closely with our development team to manage new features and test requirements.
- Manage release schedules, estimations, testing and bug tracking with the development team.
- Learn the full range of LearnUpon technology and services and identify core testing needs as the releases are prepared.
- Collaborating with colleagues, cross-functionally, to support the development processes.
- Suggest product enhancements to our product development team to help make LearnUpon even better for our existing and future customers.
- Being fully invested as part of a self managed Scrum Team by contributing to scrum ceremonies and all team activities.
- Working with other QA Engineers across teams as a member of the QA guild.
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years of experience in web application testing.
- Experience with modern web development techniques, technologies, frameworks and web culture.
- Experience with project/test management tools.
- Experience with principles and processes of software testing.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Self-drive, sharp personality, with the ability to work independently and take the initiative.
- Good judgement in analyzing information to make routine decisions.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- A technology qualification (Degree or equivalent).
- Experience with exploratory testing such as Session Based Test Management (SBTM).
- Experience in web development.
- Experience with API testing.
- An eLearning/LMS background with experience of industry standards and terminology such as SCORM, AICC, Tin Can, etc.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension
- Private Health Insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our Head of Engineering.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.