LearnUpon is looking for an experienced Design Team Manager to join our team in (Dublin).
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
The Design Team Manager is ultimately responsible for driving our design strategy by owning and evolving the product design process at LearnUpon. The successful candidate will be a senior member of the product team at LearnUpon and work directly with Head of Product to build process, culture and the team.
What will I be doing?
- You will build on our culture of collaboration which focuses on short feedback loops with all stakeholders both in LearnUpon and our customers.
- You will support our culture of early problem formulation, this means we may not invest heavily in unnecessary research or workshops, rather we use insights and data available to test an early version of a product. You and your team will do this in close collaboration with cross-functional delivery teams made up of product experts, software developers, QA engineers & UI designers.
- Manage your and your team's workload in line with business goals. You develop consistent product design backlogs in timely manners so as to not block other teams from executing.
- You and your team are the custodian of excellent UX on our platform and in the LearnUpon organisation, you do this by defining what excellent UX means to our users and work with cross-functional teams to deliver on it.
- Advocate for structure in your design org while working within the framework of an agile organisation, meaning you allow processes to evolve as the organisation and product changes.
- Develop a strong team of product designers and recruit A rated candidates who complement our values and the personalities and skills on the team.
- Nurture people and their career goals guiding them on their individual contribution path. Constantly evaluate and coach the team to ensure that each member is adding value appropriate to the needs of the organisation.
- Empower your team to be more customer-centric and do this by developing a partnership with product managers.
- You work closely with the Head of Product to do the right thing for the LearnUpon organisation as a whole, and to drive growth when it comes to managing people's skills within the team. Together, you actively plan for the composition of the team changing as the organisation and product evolve.
What skills do I need?
- Your UX toolkit is your greatest strength. You are an expert in interaction design, wireframing, prototyping and information architecture.
- You strive for consistent and regular user research including journey mapping and planning and user testing as a validation tool.
- Experience conducting qualitative interviewing with a focus on extracting insights which inform UX pains and needs.
- A solid understanding of UI design and its impact on the customer experience and are able to guide a team in the right direction.
- At least 2-3 years people management experience.
- Relevant third level degree or minimum 2-3 years practical experience in a lead role.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools.
- Please apply with a portfolio.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Having experience in an OKR driven environment is a distinct advantage.
- Quantitative research experience is a major plus using either a third party UX research tool or conducting ad-hoc UX insights driven research.
- Experience working in a mature agile environment.
- Experimental background with experience in A/B and multivariate testing.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.