LearnUpon is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in Dublin or Belgrade.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun!
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
What will I be doing?
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Ad-hoc projects that combine analytics, into consumable stories/facts.
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years proven experience in implementing data science in an enterprise/big data space.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL and using NoSQL databases.
- Proficiency in technical solution architecture/design of related databases.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression.
- Good scripting and programming skills, Python is especially common to you.
- Self-driven, data oriented personality, with the ability to work independently and take the initiative.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- A technology qualification (Degree or equivalent).
- Experience with modern web development techniques, technologies, frameworks and web culture.
- An eLearning/LMS background with experience of industry standards and terminology such as SCORM, AICC, Tin Can, etc.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
- Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.