You like to solve problems. You believe that successful projects require attention to detail, effective communication and collaboration. For you, data engineering is about bringing together an interdisciplinary team to solve problems. You thrive on using data to answer questions and drive decisions internally and externally to achieve business goals. You are looking for an opportunity where you can combine your desire to solve problems, work with people, use tons of data, and continue to develop your data engineering skills. Sound like you? Read on…
The Data Engineer is a critical position on the LearnPlatform Product Development team to ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality product in alignment with our roadmap, strategy, company goals and mission. The position offers an incredible growth opportunity for a motivated, analytical, and organized individual who wants to have an immediate impact on an early-stage company serving the education technology space. The Data Engineer position offers a path to expand your skills and experience while working with a team who is committed to having a positive impact on education.
- Architect, build, and maintain a centralized data warehouse (in AWS or other 3rd party platform(s)) to support cross-departmental operations including BI, product operations, product development, and marketing
- Work closely with Engineering to implement and optimize ETL/ELT pipelines
- Maintain and version data sources for various analytic applications
- Build reports, dashboards, and other data visualizations for marketing, product development, and other external-facing projects
- Own and maintain data definitions, metrics, and KPIs used company-wide
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to define requirements, identify data sources, and design analytical solutions
- Support scope, timeline, quality, goals and deliverables that progress project and company goals
- Organize and document planned work and processes with leadership and team leads
- Create or update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Maintain quality and ensure the responsiveness of applications.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Passionate, curious, open to new ideas with the ability to research and pick up new technologies
- Proficient with R, Python, and SQL
- Knowledge of BI tools such as QuickSight
- Knowledge of AWS services such as Lambda
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Git)
- Experience with developing and utilizing REST web services
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience with agile methodologies and practices such as Scrum, or KanBan
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated problem-solving aptitude
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, results-driven startup environment
- Professional experience in K-12 education, education technology, or a related field
- MS/BS in computer science, statistics, engineering or other relevant field
- 2-5 years experience as a software engineer, data engineer, data scientist, or similar role
As a member of our growing team, employees receive:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized healthcare (medical, dental, vision, and more)
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible PTO plan
- Student Loan Repayment program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Activity/Wellness Reimbursement
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Spacious office with all the amenities in Raleigh’s South Glenwood neighborhood (when remote COVID period ends)
Our mission is to expand equitable access for all students to teaching and technology that works best for them.
LearnPlatform strives to generate actionable insights to guide informed decisions across education. As part of our daily work, we expect our co-workers and ask of ourselves to embody our core values of honesty, hard work, a bias for responsible action, a desire to learn and adapt when needed and have empathy for others. We are looking for smart, engaging people to contribute their diverse experiences to our team.
LearnPlatform is the edtech effectiveness system that equips K-12 districts to organize, streamline and analyze their education technology to ensure it is safe, equitable and cost-effective. We simplify processes for edtech vetting, approvals, procurement, implementation and evaluation and make it easy to communicate edtech information and access to teachers, students and families, all in a single platform. The software-as-a-service and research-based solution is used by districts to organize their education technology, streamline standard processes (such as purchasing, contract management, and piloting), and rapidly analyze their classroom technology to learn what’s working, for which students, in what context, and at what cost.
LearnPlatform is a B Corporation and has received its Series A financing in February 2018 from New Markets Venture Capital and The Emerson Collective. LearnPlatform is committed to equity, both in its hiring and overall mission.