You like to solve problems. Not only that, you want to understand the problem from all angles before you even begin to solve it. For you, the user experience is more than a usable interface - it’s about understanding users, putting yourself in their shoes, and thinking critically about solving the most urgent and pervasive problems. While you may not have started as a UX Researcher, you have found that the intersection of research and design allows you to tell a compelling story that inspires others to become customer-smart and -centric. You are looking for an opportunity where you can combine your desire to solve problems, work with people, and continue to develop your research skills. Sound like you? Read on…
The UX Researcher is a critical position on the LearnPlatform Product team to ensure the consistent delivery of a high quality product that meets our customers’ needs. The position offers an incredible growth opportunity for a motivated, analytical, and curious individual who wants to have an immediate impact on an early-stage company serving the education technology space. The UX Researcher position offers a path to expand your skills and experience as a researcher and designer while working with a team who is committed to having a positive impact on education.
The UX Researcher is responsible for representing the user’s perspective and refining the user experience on LearnPlatform. You will collaborate with product managers, designers, engineers, and business stakeholders to optimize the usability and value of LearnPlatform for K12 educators, administrators, and their partners. The UX Researcher will engage in all aspects of UX research including test design and execution, results analysis and reporting, and communication of learned insights to executives, product teams, and engineers.
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of UX research methods, including surveys, usability testing, interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Working knowledge of experimental design and statistics, including comfort with both qualitative and quantitative data
- Understanding of and/or experience with UI design
- Experience connecting insights drawn from research to design, technical requirements, and product strategy
- Experience working with product teams and engaging them in UX research
- Deeply curious, empathetic and passionate about understanding why people do what they do
- Self-starter with a bias towards responsible action
- Adaptability to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, results-driven startup environment
As a member of our growing team, employees receive:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized healthcare (medical, dental, vision, and more)
- 401k with employer match
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Activity/Wellness Reimbursement
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Generous holiday and vacation days to recharge with family/friends and sick days to recuperate.
- Spacious office with all the amenities in Raleigh’s South Glenwood neighborhood
LearnPlatform strives to generate actionable insights to guide informed decisions across education. As part of our daily work we expect our co-workers and ask of ourselves embody our core values of honesty, hard work, a bias for responsible action, a desire to learn and adapt when needed, and to have empathy for others. We are looking for smart, engaging people to contribute their diverse experiences to our team.
LearnPlatform is the comprehensive EdTech management and rapid-cycle evaluation system for educators and administrators to organize, streamline and analyze their classroom technology to improve instructional, operational and financial decisions. The SaaS EdTech system of record gives education organizations the ability to inventory and select digital learning tools, establish and maintain regulatory compliance, and measure outcomes to gain meaningful, actionable evidence to ensure learning ecosystems are safe and cost-effective. K-12 districts and state education agencies use the research-based LearnPlatform to continuously improve standards of practice that drive blended and personalized learning at scale, expand equitable access to education technologies and increase student achievement.
LearnPlatform is a B Corporation and has received its Series A financing in February 2018 from New Markets Venture Capital and The Emerson Collective. LearnPlatform is committed to equity, both in its hiring and overall mission.