You like to solve problems. You believe that good design can help people work through complicated challenges. For you, user experience is more than a usable interface - it’s about creating delightful experiences that empower users. While you may not have started as UI/UX Designer, you have found that design allows you to express your talents and skills in a way that makes sense. You are looking for an opportunity where you can combine you desire to solve problems, work with people, and continue to develop your design skills. Sound like you? Read on…
The UI/UX Designer is a critical position on the LearnPlatform Product team to ensure the consistent delivery of a high quality product that meets our customers’ needs. The position offers an incredible growth opportunity for a motivated, analytical, and creative individual who wants to have an immediate impact on an early-stage company serving the education technology space. The UI/UX Designer position offers a path to expand your skills and experience as a designer while working with a team who is committed to having a positive impact on education.
The UI/UX Designer is responsible for optimizing the user experience on LearnPlatform. The role is a combination of two traditional roles; graphic design and user experience design. The UI/UX Designer will work with the Product team to understand the edtech market and it’s challenges to design user interfaces, including sophisticated user workflows, data dashboards, and analytics reports. You will conduct user experience research and testing, and support the maintenance of the LearnPlatform style guide.
- Experience in graphic design or user experience design required
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization and/or reporting design
- Proven track record of delivering successful design products to market
- Familiarity with Agile software product development/management
- Experience with Materialize UI design preferred, but not required
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, wireframe/mockup software (Balsamiq, Sketch, Adobe XD), and prototyping software (InVision preferred)
- Self-starter with a bias towards responsible action
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, results-driven startup environment
As a member of our growing team, employees receive:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized healthcare (medical, dental, vision, and more)
- 401k with employer match
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Activity/Wellness Reimbursement
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Generous holiday and vacation days to recharge with family/friends and sick days to recuperate.
- Spacious office with all the amenities in Raleigh’s South Glenwood neighborhood
LearnPlatform strives to generate actionable insights to guide informed decisions across education. As part of our daily work we expect our co-workers and ask of ourselves embody our core values of honesty, hard work, a bias for responsible action, a desire to learn and adapt when needed, and to have empathy for others. We are looking for smart, engaging people to contribute their diverse experiences to our team.
LearnPlatform is the comprehensive EdTech management and rapid-cycle evaluation system for educators and administrators to organize, streamline and analyze their classroom technology to improve instructional, operational and financial decisions. The SaaS EdTech system of record gives education organizations the ability to inventory and select digital learning tools, establish and maintain regulatory compliance, and measure outcomes to gain meaningful, actionable evidence to ensure learning ecosystems are safe and cost-effective. K-12 districts and state education agencies use the research-based LearnPlatform to continuously improve standards of practice that drive blended and personalized learning at scale, expand equitable access to education technologies and increase student achievement.
LearnPlatform is a B Corporation and has received its Series A financing in February 2018 from New Markets Venture Capital and The Emerson Collective. LearnPlatform is committed to equity, both in its hiring and overall mission.