As a Regional Director of Partnerships, you will develop and implement a sales strategy within a defined territory to position, demonstrate and sell LearnPlatform, the leading education technology management and rapid-cycle evaluation system, and related services to K-12 organizations. This exciting position on a high-growth, fast-moving team offers a base salary plus commission and bonuses for quality sales performance. Regional Directors of Partnerships report to the Vice President of Sales and may reside in his/her territory.
- Educating prospects, clients and the market regarding the LearnPlatform solution and value proposition
- Generating new business revenue and acquiring new clients in a defined region of the U.S.
- Effectively cold calling, emailing and social media prospecting to build rapport and uncover/qualify sales opportunities in the territory
- Conducting virtual and face-to-face meetings, delivering presentations to prospective clients and attending conferences throughout the territory to share the LearnPlatform value proposition
- Identifying needs, explaining product capabilities, overcoming objections, demonstrating technology solutions and closing sales
- Meeting and exceeding assigned sales quotas
- Leveraging Salesforce.com to maintain and offer visibility to a growing pipeline, sales activity, and other KPI’s
- Regularly communicating with VP of Partnerships and sales/marketing teams
- Up to 50% travel required
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build trust and credibility with executive leaders and decision makers
- Solid, in the moment judgment and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to educate, capture attention and influence prospects and clients (advisor vs pleaser)
- Possesses executive rapport, and has a competent, thoughtful and authentic presence
- Detail oriented and able to successfully manage and prioritize time and resources
- Sound, needs analysis, business justification, presentation and closing skills
- Understanding of the education technology industry and the customer buying process
- Proficient with technology (MS Office, Google apps for business, CRM systems, etc.)
- Takes initiative, adapts to change and works well in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Relentless excitement and a sense of humor!
- 5+ years successfully working in an outside technology sales role including prospecting, managing opportunities and closing sales
- Experience creating value and activating/driving demand in emerging and established markets
- A history of achieving or exceeding sales targets in multiple sales roles
- Experience selling into K-12 districts/higher ed institutions in the U.S.
- Rolodex in K-12 education accounts from working with instructional technology/digital learning directors, curriculum and instruction directors /superintendents
- Experience with different sales methodologies (Challenger, SPIN, Miller Heiman, etc.)
As a member of our growing team, employees receive
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized healthcare (medical, dental, vision, and more)
- 401k with employer match
- Education Reimbursement
- Activity/Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous holiday and vacation days to recharge with family/friends and sick days to recuperate.
- Spacious office with all the amenities in Raleigh’s South Glenwood neighborhood
Lea(R)n strives to generate actionable insights to guide informed decisions across education. As part of our daily work we expect our co-workers and ask of ourselves embody our core values of honesty, hard work, a bias for responsible action, a desire to learn and adapt when needed, and to have empathy for others. We are looking for smart, engaging people to contribute their diverse experiences to our team.
LearnPlatform is the comprehensive edtech management and rapid-cycle evaluation system for educators and administrators to organize, streamline and analyze their classroom technology to improve instructional, operational and financial decisions. The SaaS edtech system of record gives education organizations the ability to inventory and select digital learning tools, establish and maintain regulatory compliance, and measure outcomes to gain meaningful, actionable evidence to ensure learning ecosystems are safe and cost-effective. K-12 districts and state education agencies use the research-based LearnPlatform to continuously improve standards of practice that drive blended and personalized learning at scale, expand equitable access to education technologies and increase student achievement.
Lea(R)n is a B Corporation and has received Series A financing in February 2018 from New Markets Venture Capital and The Emerson Collective. Lea(R)n is committed to equity, both in its hiring and overall mission.