Help Us Shape the Future of Healthcare
At League, we’re big on building connections - both through our product and with each other. Our platform is consumer centric, personalized and always on. We’re reimagining the health benefits experience to give people a more consumer-centric way to manage their health: immediate, seamless, and tailored to their unique needs. It’s a front door to healthcare that empowers people to live healthier, happier lives. Every day.
Reporting to the Senior Counsel, Product & IP, the Legal Counsel will be acting as key counsel accountable for providing a full range of commercial and legal services to the organization.
In this role, you will:
- Act as trusted advisor and legal partner to the League’s Product & Engineering, Compliance, and Commercial groups and other business units on a diverse assortment of matters, including regulatory, privacy, compliance, and risk management
- Provide legal advice and guidance on privacy, data rights, and licensing issues
- Draft, review, negotiate, and provide guidance on a wide variety of commercial agreements
- Advise on regulatory matters related to product development
- Provide support to management and advise business units on issues of contract interpretation and disputes
- Work with senior leaders to identify and protect Company intellectual property
- Manage external legal counsel as required
- Assist in the earlier identification of systemic issues and development of preliminary recommendations to help designated lines of business and implementation of solutions
- 2-4 years of legal experience at a top-tier law firm or as in-house commercial counsel
- J.D./LL.B in good standing with a Canadian provincial Law Society
- Experience with either data privacy and security or software/SaaS licensing required
- Comfortable communicating with colleagues and stakeholders on different levels and with different professional backgrounds
- The ability to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, reassessing priorities as needed
- Dual Canadian/US law degree or called to the bar in the US and Canada is an asset, but not required
- Experience with either intellectual property or a regulatory area, such as insurance, healthcare and benefits, or medical devices is an asset, but not required
If you are leaving a firm, we can work with you on timing in respect to a start date that works best for your situation.
At League, everyone is welcome. We believe individuals should not be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you are an individual in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Application Process:
Applying to a role you love can be exhausting, and understanding the next steps can feel vague and uncertain. You have done the hard part of submitting your application; let's do ours by sharing potential next steps
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your application.
- A recruiter (not a computer) reviews all applications at League.
- If we see alignment with League's needs, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your goals. The recruiter will also share the team-specific interview process depending on the roles you are exploring.
- The final step is an offer, which we hope you will accept!
- Prior to joining us, we conduct reference and background checks. Additional checks could be required for US Candidates, depending on the role you are exploring.
Here are some additional resources to learn more about League:
Recognize and Avoid Employment scams. Practice safe job searching.Scammers are getting craftier and leveraging fake job postings to get personal information. Know the warning signs and protect yourself from scammers. Learn more here.