League’s Health Profile is the group of teams at League that fuel personalization on our platform from the very first interaction. We’re a cross functional team made up of backend, web, iOS and Android engineers that work closely alongside Product, Design, and Data.
By collecting snapshots of a user’s health through clinical assessments and third party device integration (like Fitbit!), we aim to meet people where they are at, set achievable goals, and track progress over time by delivering actionable insights across our web and mobile experiences.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer, Android to help us deliver our category-defining mobile experience.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your code and enjoy incorporating the business objectives into your approach to development. You enjoy working with product management to find the best solution to the problem at hand, and can balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
In this role, you will:
- Work on a cross-functional, feature-driven engineering team
- Participate in technical design and planning discussions
- Collaborate closely with UX designers to build new features and delight our members
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Support and mentor junior members of the team
- Live our team values of ownership, pragmatism, cooperation, and empathy for our customers
- You have extensive experience building and maintaining native Android apps
- You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand the tradeoffs between expediency and maintainability
- You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and know how to bring complex designs to reality
- You are a strong communicator, and you can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers without a problem
- When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix things
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus!
Recognize and Avoid Employment scams. Practice safe job searching.Scammers are getting craftier and leveraging fake job postings to get personal information. Know the warning signs and protect yourself from scammers. Learn more here.