LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we’re defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000’s ‘Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies’, one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is looking for an experienced Senior Director of Enterprise Risk and Compliance to develop and implement an end-to-end risk and compliance program, including building out the risk and compliance team. This role will report directly to the Company’s General Counsel. In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of comprehensive risk & compliance programs, including evolving the governance and reporting of enterprise risk, to minimize LeafLink’s risks and support broader enterprise objectives at the organization. You will be a key partner to LeafLink’s leadership team and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure program and process development is aligned with the organization’s strategy and business ventures; collaborate and drive the continued progression of risk & compliance management standard practices.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, build, implement, and monitor an end-to-end, comprehensive, and scalable Enterprise Risk and Compliance program
- Stand up a team dedicated to fulfilling the organization’s mission through highly successful program implementation across business areas, team engagement, and continuous improvement
- Provide proactive and ongoing substantive guidance to cross-functional stakeholders and teams as a central leader of the Risk and Compliance program
- Implement and execute a program that includes enterprise risk registers, control testings, policy management, audit procedures, and more
- Run and own LeafLink’s comprehensive compliance obligations, including regulatory obligations, customer and vendor obligations, SOC 2, and more
- Develop and implement a robust compliance program and framework with specific policies and procedures tailored toward financial services and banking
- Build and implement an enterprise-wide financial crime compliance program, to include anti-money laundering, sanctions compliance, and fraud prevention in partnership with key sponsoring bank partners
- Develop and maintain critical relationships with key compliance stakeholders with our bank partners to help define and shape digital banking innovations and emerging technologies regulation
- Partner with key cross-functional stakeholders to drive program activities, including:
- Develop strategic plans and roadmaps for implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Risk and Compliance program
- Conduct program reviews across functional business areas
- Provide LeafLink’s leadership team with program updates
- Track program budgets, forecasts, and resourcing levels
- Manage program reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain awareness of market best practices and regulatory requirements
- Outstanding relationship management capability, including dealing confidently with leadership and stakeholders and proven ability to influence them to drive change
- Represent Risk and Compliance with 3rd party partners, auditing firms, bank partners, and other external stakeholders
- Oversee program improvements and enhancements resulting from changes to best-in-class governance, audits, assessments, partner requirements, or industry developments
- Develop a culture of compliance across the organization as it applies to LeafLink’s business areas
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 10+ years of direct experience in developing, executing, and scaling enterprise risk management, governance, and compliance programs, with at least 2 years of experience in FinTech/Financial Services/Lending required
- Expertise in conducting risk assessments and applying risk management frameworks
- Experience modeling risk controls and reporting to senior stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to understand and articulate, regulatory and compliance obligations and standards across varied industries and regulatory frameworks, including those related to lending and other FinTech and robust know-your-business regimes
- Experience designing, scaling, and maturing a third-party risk management program
- Proven experience hiring, building out, and mentoring a team that supports the development and implementation of the risk and compliance framework
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a complex and evolving organization; interact with multiple stakeholders; create a risk and compliance awareness culture
- A reliable professional that brings a point-of-view to the discussion, is not afraid to speak their mind, and is adept at making and communicating difficult decisions to business leaders
LeafLink Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO - you’re going to be working hard so enjoy time off with no cap!
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
- 5 Days of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - giving back is important to us and we want our employees to prioritize cultivating a better community
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through our Flexible Spending Account
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.