LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we’re defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000’s ‘Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies’, one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team. As a remote or onsite member of the data engineering and analytics team, you will be in a position to have a direct impact on how LeafLink harnesses its first party data from various sources to generate business value. This impactful position enables LeafLink to coordinate and integrate with 3rd party data sets and proprietary data to produce valuable insights into business and customers needs.
Who You Are
You are deeply passionate about organizing and managing data. You believe and understand the value that powerful reporting and analytics can drive for the business. You possess a structured and detail-oriented approach to solving problems using a diverse and resourceful technical toolkit. You are able to collaborate cross-functionally, communicating regular updates and leading projects should come easily to the candidate. You must advocate for positive change for efficiency and value added capabilities.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assist in building a high performing data platform which will power various reporting and analytics applications at LeafLink
- Create data tools for analytics and data team members that assist them in building and optimizing data models and metrics
- Proactively research and contribute ideas for improvement of data team processes
- Produce scalable, replicable code and engineering solutions that help automate repetitive processes
- Productionize data and machine learning models by creating and maintaining microservices to expose data to the application using Python, DynamoDB, Flask, and GraphQL
- Expertise and hands-on experience working in a cloud based data stack (AWS preferred)
- Expertise in developing and maintaining relational database structures and relationships
- Expertise writing processing jobs to ingest a variety of structured and unstructured data received from various sources & formats such as Rest APIs, Flat Files, Logs
- Hands on experience using non-relational database technologies and comfort shepherding adoption of these tools by less experienced developers
- Expert level skills in using Python for data processing coupled with AWS cloud services
- Expert level skills in writing & managing optimized SQL for creating, updating and querying source of truth tables
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases such as Redshift or comparable cloud-based OLAP databases such as Snowflake
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow
- Experience with object oriented and functional python programming
- Experience with technologies such as dynamo, terraform, kubernetes, fivetran, GraphQL, and dbt is a strong plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced growth business with many collaborators and quickly evolving business needs
LeafLink Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO - you’re going to be working hard so enjoy time off with no cap!
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
- 5 Days of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - giving back is important to us and we want our employees to prioritize cultivating a better community
- WFH stipend - we’ve always been remote first
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through our Flexible Spending Account