LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we’re defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000’s ‘Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies’, one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our New York team. As a member of the data engineering and analytics team, you will be in a position to have a direct impact on how LeafLink harnesses its first party data from various sources to generate business value. You are deeply passionate about organizing and managing data. You believe and understand the value that powerful reporting and analytics can drive for the business. The ideal candidate will have a structured and detail-oriented approach to solving problems using a diverse technical toolkit. The ideal candidate should be personable, efficient, rooted in an experimental and fact-based mindset. Collaborating cross-functionally, communicating regular updates, leading projects should come easily to the candidate.
- Assist in building a high performing data platform which will power various reporting and analytics applications at LeafLink
- Implementing ELT / ETL procedures to pipe data from ingestion source to data warehouse
- Develop data models and schemas in our data warehouse that enable data and analytics processes
- Maintain the data dictionary and documentation relating to the data warehouse serving all LeafLink functions and business divisions
- Working closely with LeafLink software engineers on implementation of data models related to LeafLink applications
- Addressing data quality issues originating at source and working with LeafLink vendors on solving quality issues and simplifying ingestion processes
- Handle large volumes of data and integrate our platform with a range of internal and external systems
- Proactively research and contribute ideas for improvement of data team processes
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues quickly and effectively
- Maintain and evaluate quality of documentation, code, and business logic for data management at LeafLink
- Expertise and hands-on experience working in a cloud based data stack (AWS preferred)
- Expertise in developing and maintaining relational database structures and relationships
- Expertise writing processing jobs to ingest a variety of structured and unstructured data received from various sources & formats such as Rest APIs, Flat Files, Logs
- Expert level skills in using Python for data processing coupled with AWS offerings like Lambda, Step Functions
- Expert level skills in writing & managing optimized SQL for creating, updating and querying source of truth tables
- Hands-on experience with deployment using CI/CD, Docker;
- Hands on experience with Airflow is a must
- Experience using dbt is a strong plus
- Comfortable in diagramming and documenting processes, relational structures using tools like Visio, Lucidchart, Confluence
- Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
- Experience working in a team with data scientists and analysts as clients is a plus
- Experience with platforming ML & using Spark is a plus but not required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced growth business with many collaborators and quickly evolving business needs
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.