LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we’re defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000’s ‘Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies’, one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our Los Angeles based team to own and drive our retail relationships in California for our new suite of retailer focused products. This is an exciting opportunity to not only have a significant impact on our company’s growth and our customer satisfaction, but also to create the playbook for how we sell into and serve growing and multi-store retailers at LeafLink.
We’re looking for someone with a proven track-record of building and deepening relationships with large retailers in California in order to expand our reach and deepen our relationships. In this role, you will design and execute a sales strategy for LeafLink’s new retailer fulfillment services.
This role is for self-starters and entrepreneurial-minded individuals who are long-term strategic thinkers while also versatile in being able to execute near-term objectives. You are a good fit for this position if you are a goal-oriented overachiever, inherently positive and direct individual willing to explore new paths that require rapid-learning.
- Lead LeafLink’s efforts to grow revenue within California cannabis industry’s largest retail accounts.
- Develop and manage multi-layer relationships, identifying potential new opportunities with partners and ensuring those relationships support key growth, monetization, and product initiatives of the company.
- Own the end to end sales cycle from lead to close, and achieve revenue targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Work across multiple teams and with multiple stakeholders internally to ensure proper packaging of our services.
- Interact with both day-to-day and senior level contacts to build lasting relationships, and taking an active role in increasing customer satisfaction.
- Negotiate and finalize business terms, including partnering with internal legal resources during the contracting phase of the process. Ensure that the interests of LeafLink are protected while satisfying complex customer demands on service levels, terms and conditions.
- Be the company evangelist for these partnerships internally and get the team excited about our technology and offerings.
- Become a thought leader by being able to speak in depth about all of LeafLink’s products and offerings as well as confidently represent company POVs on industry topics in partner and internal meetings/emails.
- Execute overall growth plan geared to align with the company’s long-term strategy.
- Create business requirements, build proposals, and collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure clear and realistic deliverables.
- Manage partnership deliverables including regular reports and ad hoc needs.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- You have a track record of achieving and exceeding your targets.
- You have experience structuring highly complex six-to-seven figure deals.
- You are familiar with Solution selling, and comfortable managing your selling stages within Salesforce.
- You are able to handle multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages in the buying process.
- You have significant experience (5-10 years) selling technology, or tech-enabled services to enterprise level clients within a high growth company.
- You are a strong communicator - possessing both written and verbal communication skills, you can develop. presentations with clear narratives and compelling solutions
- You are the master at suggesting next steps, customizing communications, and following-through with even the most unlikely of leads. Follow-through is the cornerstone of your success.
- You are able to seamlessly work with all levels of a partner organization, especially at the executive & C-suite level.
- You understand that due to the nature of this role, external partners can change your day’s plan with little/minimal notice. You understand that some late nights, unplanned challenges, and communications outside of traditional business hours are part of the job.
- You possess the ability to excel in a fast-paced startup, and you thrive in a market that is constantly evolving and changing
- A solid understanding of the current landscape in the legalized Cannabis industry is a strong plus.
- Bonus: Experience in the California cannabis industry, as well as supply chain and logistics
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success