LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 Billion in annualized wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
What We’re Looking For
LeafLink is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our New York team who is passionate about building high-performing teams and products. Overseeing multiple cross-functional pods and services, this role will partner closely with our product, data, and technical teams to deliver applications and architecture for our growing platform of commerce, liquidity, and delivery services.
The role is flexible in terms of management vs hands-on development split, but candidates should expect to work in a wide variety of capacities within the department, ranging from providing technical leadership through overseeing architectural vision, implementation, and iteration. You will get to work with new and growing technologies and concepts such as containerized and serverless design patterns, Python, Node.js, Golang, Kubernetes, AWS managed services, third-party integrations, and service-oriented architectures.
Additionally, candidates will be well placed if they enjoy finding, hiring, and growing strong technical talent and working to grow and foster a culture that’s both inclusive and values the diversity of its members.
What You’ll Do
- Mentor and manage a team of engineers, focusing on both their day-to-day responsibilities as members of the engineering department and also their career growth, interpersonal and leadership skills, and future-facing goals
- Develop short and long term strategic goals to continue to push LeafLink’s technology offerings forward
- Plan, lead, and deliver product and projects that focus on those efforts, partnering closely with product leaders and external stakeholders
- Participate in and lead quarterly OKR planning and execution sessions with both your direct reports and your pod team members, working closely with department leadership to craft challenging-but-reachable goals for each
- Run regular engineering-focused meetings and events to ensure alignment and knowledge transfer both intra-department and externally to the rest of the company
- Interview and contribute to the growth of the engineering team, focusing on finding and then retaining candidates that will continue to elevate and diversify our ever-expanding set of in-house engineering talent
- Set and drive process and architectural standards that reflect the unique complexities of LeafLink’s business model while also complementing existing and ongoing work within other areas of the department
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their needs and help craft solutions that move our various platforms forward
- Take a data-driven approach to product development and iteration, and help continue to advocate and assist other departments in doing the same
- Advocate for and deliver well-balanced solutions to technical issues as they arise based on a constantly-evolving product roadmap
- Analyze and evaluate existing solutions within the company and help drive decisions on whether to extend or refactor as needed
- A strong leader with proven experience and passion for leading, growing, and mentoring teams of engineers
- Proven past working to expand and strengthen community outreach and other diversity-focused initiatives
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive knowledge leading and contributing to high-functional, large scale architectures, APIs, and supplemental applications
- Has managed engineering and project process, resourcing, timelines, and delivery efforts with cross-functional teams
- Ability to excel in service-oriented, API-driven application tech stacks and working knowledge of the challenges and gotchas that can bring to the SDLC
- Comfortable working in environments that rely heavily on automation, CI, and CD concepts to rapidly deliver, measure, and iterate on products and features
- Experience within containerized, serverless, and event-driven infrastructure, Kubernetes, document databases, and AWS
- An active member of the open-source and New York tech community a plus
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.