LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 27 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
What We’re Looking For
Leaflink is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about researching and developing automated solutions that help the engineering department solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute to the buildout and iteration of testing frameworks that ensures the quality of LeafLink’s existing and emerging systems. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink is in the midst of a large-scale platform overhaul that will help continue to strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform and its associated automation patterns. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving challenging problems by researching the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas. Join our growing engineering team as we create a culture of quality.
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to deliver end-to-end automation solutions and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Create comprehensive test strategies that include a mix of methodologies that align with modern Agile best practices.
- Evaluate feature acceptance requirements for completeness to help your team deliver high-quality features
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and proactively report bugs
- Manage bugs in your teams sprint backlog for prioritization and escalation
- Verify PR, staging, and production builds offering feedback on the resolution of issues and their prioritization
- Collaborate with your teams to understand and report on release risks and mitigation strategies
- Analyze performance metrics such as page load and query resolution times to ensure the delivery of software that meets our quality standards
- Research automation frameworks when needed that will help assure the quality of feature releases
- Document and advocate for QA best practices and standards across multiple domains
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing the prioritization of bug fixes and tech debt that improve the user’s experience as a core QA responsibility
- 5+ years of QA experience
- Experience with front-end and back-end testing methodologies
- Familiarity with troubleshooting automation build failures in the CI & CD pipeline.
- Comfortable with manual testing as a necessary step to creating quality automation
- Experience creating test plans that are comprehensive, clear, and concise for complex technology stacks
- Expert at balancing priorities in an agile environment
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Familiarity with error aggregating software like Sentry and Datadog
- Ability to understand complex applications and their interactions with integrated products
- Startup experience is a plus!
- Domain expertise in at least two of the following domains:
- SaaS software
- Cannabis Industry Experience
- Inventory management systems
- Credit / Financial systems
- Event-driven architecture
- Data-driven testing and analytics
- Regulatory or security testing
- Performance testing
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.