LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,500 retailers and more than 1,600 brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
We’re looking for someone to help fill a leadership role within the Marketplace and Revenue team. This role will help operationalize our go-to-market strategy by aligning all goals, compensation plans, metrics, reporting and all tools required to help the team exceed all objectives. The role straddles strategy and operations, and will serve as a key member of the leadership team. The work will change weekly, monthly and quarterly as part of a rapidly evolving company serving an evolving industry.
The role requires curiosity, and an analytical minded person. However, you’ll help write the playbook, rather than inherit one. You must be comfortable moving quickly, and dealing with a significant amount of ambiguity. You will receive direction, coaching, and mentorship, however you will need to be self-motivated, with a great deal of initiative.
This role is for highly analytical individuals who enjoy seeing their work become operationalized. Your efforts will align sales teams, remove channel conflict, facilitate teamwork and collaboration, improve the client experience, and help accelerate growth. You’ll work with sales, marketing, and solution leadership to ensure all voices are heard, and translate their input into actionable plans. You will thrive in this role if you can gather and analyze data quickly, and communicate those findings. You’ll fit with the team culture if you are a goal-oriented overachiever, inherently curious, have a team orientation, and are willing to explore new paths that require rapid-learning.
- In this role, you will partner with team leads in marketing, sales, CX, retail engagement, and marketplace operations to ensure alignment with their go-to-market plans.
- You’ll become a critical resource for the executive team to understand growth trends on the LeafLink marketplace
- You will lead the effort to consolidate the monthly go-to-market reporting package, delivering executive level insights from a variety of data sources.
- You will oversee the company’s go-to-market tech stack including CRM, marketing automation, and other integrations or plug-ins that drive efficiency in the marketing, sales, and customer experience processes.
- You will help develop and manage the company’s variable compensation plans, aligning them with company targets, motivating the sales teams to drive hard to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual targets. Ensure that variable plans minimize channel conflict while facilitating teamwork, where appropriate.
- You will be responsible for building alignment around the company’s sales process and methodology, ensuring that key stakeholders have the tools and resources to collaborate for success.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- You have significant experience (5-7 years) in an analytical role, helping executives make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are highly analytical, and can assimilate large amounts of data and synthesize it into a handful of critical insights.
- You are comfortable with pivot tables and leading data visualization tools.
- You have a track record of achieving and exceeding your targets.
- You have a strong understanding of leading CRMs and marketing automation tools, and have helped design and build customerization.
- You have a deep understanding of technology/SaaS go-to-market reporting including sales, pipeline, churn, LTV, etc.
- You possess the ability to excel in a fast-paced startup, and you thrive in a market that is constantly evolving and changing.
- You have designed and managed sales and go-to-market variable compensation plans for a company of scale, and are familiar with best practices.
- An understanding of the current landscape in the legalized Cannabis industry is a plus.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.