LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,500 retailers and more than 1,600 brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our fast-growing team. In this role you will be responsible for the financial planning, analysis, and reporting of LeafLink Financial, the financial services business line of LeafLink, which is setting the new standard for B2B finance in the industry. This role will allow you to work directly with the Head of Finance to build, implement and optimize financial and business operations and to prepare financial forecasts and models to support strategic decision-making related to capital and liquidity planning, pricing, operating results, new products, and strategic partnerships. This role is highly collaborative, requires creative thinking, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and an understanding of all product offerings and platform features on LeafLink with a focus on our financial services solutions. This role will require you to interface directly with our LeafLink sales and account management teams, accounting, credit, data and operations personnel. You need to be a self-starter who is comfortable with change, enjoys a very fast pace, and can juggle many tasks across multiple disciplines while meeting deadlines.
- Perform financial analysis and reporting for LeafLink Financial business line
- Design and implement new financial processes and enhance existing processes by working with Product & Engineering to automate and scale financial operations and reporting
- Build strong working relationships with LeafLink Financial business partners and servicers
- Assist Senior Finance Associate and Head of Finance by preparing various financial forecasts and models related to capital and liquidity planning, product pricing, operating results, new products, and strategic partnership opportunities
- Reconcile transactions at month end to third party and servicer information
- Monitor, measure and report on LeafLink Financial key objectives and results
- Research and report on key financial modeling concepts and approaches
- Write and maintain standard operating procedures for the Finance department
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports and presentations of findings and results
- Understand market trends and competition within the FinTech and Cannabis spaces
- 2-3 years of experience in an accounting or finance role working with middle market or enterprise level companies
- 2-3 years working within the financial services industry. Experience working in the FinTech industry is a plus
- Must have strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Experienced in financial modeling, business analysis, FP&A, and analytics in a corporate HQ environment
- Advanced Google Suite and Microsoft Office skills, particularly Google Sheets/MS Excel
- Ability to switch between complex and routine tasks when necessary
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and articulate various financial products related to loans, lines of credit, trade credit, factoring, treasury management and other financial services concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, CFA or CPA a plus
- Experience with Tableau a plus
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.