LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,500 retailers and more than 1,600 brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking an Operations Associate to join our fast-growing team. In this role you will support the operations of LeafLink Financial, the financial services business line of LeafLink, which is setting the new standard for B2B finance in the industry. This role will allow you to work directly with the Head of Finance & Operations to build, implement and execute business operations objectives related to client onboarding, asset servicing, capital and liquidity planning, and reporting. This role is highly collaborative, requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and an understanding of all product offerings and platform features on LeafLink with a focus on our financial services solutions and systems. This role will require you to interface directly with our LeafLink Financial sales team, client experience, credit, data and product & engineering teams. You need to be a self-starter who is comfortable operating in a constantly changing environment, enjoys a very fast pace, and can manage multiple work streams to meet deadlines.
- Perform routine daily operations for LeafLink Financial transactions with client Sellers and Retailers, including transaction identification, confirmation and processing
- Build new processes and enhance existing processes by working with Financial Operations team to automate and scale LeafLink Financial servicing operations
- Build strong working relationships with LeafLink Financial business partners and servicers
- Support Head of Finance & Operations by taking primary responsibility for overall maintenance, reconciliation, and reporting of LeafLink Financial source data
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Monitor, measure and report on LeafLink Financial key objectives and results
- Perform transaction research and report on key objectives and transactions
- Write and maintain standard operating procedures for the Operations function
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports and presentations of findings and results
- Understand the LeafLink product offerings, market trends and competition within the industry to build, execute and optimize operational processes
- 2+ years of experience in an accounting, finance, or operations role working with middle market or enterprise level companies
- 2+ years working within the financial services industry. Experience working in the FinTech industry is a plus
- Must have strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Experienced in financial modeling, business analysis, FP&A, and analytics in a corporate HQ environment
- Advanced Google Suite and Microsoft Office skills, particularly Google Sheets/MS Excel
- Ability to switch between complex and routine tasks when necessary
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and articulate various financial products related to loans, lines of credit, trade credit, factoring, treasury management and other financial services
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, CFA or CPA a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- You are self-motivated and passionate about FinTech and/or Cannabis with a strong drive for continuous learning
- You are relentlessly self-improving and accountable for your own performance
- You work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely, with an ability to conduct research, data analysis and solve challenging problems
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, are outgoing and sociable, and enjoy meeting new people
- You are responsible for multiple work streams and have knowledge of key project management concepts including phases, plans, deliverables, scope, and tasks
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and deliver timely, thoughtful updates to management with a well-reasoned point of view
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.