LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 4,300 retailers and more than 1,500 brands across 25 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Back End Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will primarily be responsible for building out, measuring, and iterating on an emerging revenue stream within LeafLink’s Product & Engineering team. As a member of our team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.
- Concept, implement, and iterate on ad placements within the platform
- Ensure successful delivery of ad content across our platform by developing and maintaining monitoring systems
- Take a proactive approach to resolve any issues with running campaigns
- Be involved with critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on LeafLink’s ad platform and products
- Be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues quickly and effectively when they arise
- Lead the development of processes and mechanisms to proactively QA and monitor campaigns to minimize discrepancies, outages, and other issues
- Work with our ad sales team to keep track of inventory and upcoming availability
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Build forecasting software and systems for future campaigns
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within ad products when it makes sense
- Ensure all live and upcoming campaigns are set up for success
- Serve as the main internal escalation point for any and all technical issues related to ad operations
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 2+ years of relevant ad operations experience working in a fast-paced software environment
- Expertise in one or more DSPs, experience with AdZerk a plus
- Experience working with Python, Django a plus
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive experience working with relational databases and ORMs to interact with them
- Experience building applications and working with underlying systems that work within fully containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
- Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
- An active member of the open source and New York tech community a plus
- An interest in the cannabis industry and / or the LeafLink brand
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) plus flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
- Generous referral bonuses because we believe no one can spot great talent better than our own team