LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 4,500 retailers and more than 1,500 brands across 25 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Creative Director to join our fast-growing team. In this role, you will set creative direction and lead a high-functioning design team within the marketing organization. You will be tasked with evolving the visual identity of LeafLink’s brand and collaborating with the Product Design organization to ensure it’s conveyed through both our marketing campaigns and our platform. This role works directly with all marketing stakeholders to ensure consistency across channels.
To be successful in this role, you should be excited about creating a best-in-class visual brand, developing a team of talented designers, and getting your hands dirty in the weeds of our design queue. You’ll bring creativity and leadership to formalize our design team and processes. As an early member of a growing team, you should thrive on flexibility and taking on new projects outside of your comfort zone.
- Interpret LeafLink’s visual guidelines to create a best-in-class brand
- Set creative direction for all marketing campaigns and communications
- Lead, develop, and grow a team of talented designers
- Ensure consistency and creativity across all visual designs
- Manage and assign design projects with the help of a project manager
- Individually contribute hands-on design work along with your team to execute against an aggressive content calendar
- Serve as the design leader within LeafLink’s organization
- You can lead with creative vision and the ability to execute independent work
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- You are self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed
- You work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, are outgoing and sociable, and enjoy meeting new people
- You are a multi-tasker and connector, as well as an organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- You have knowledge of key project management concepts including phases, plans, deliverables, scope, and tasks
- 5+ years of graphic design experience
- 2+ years of design direction experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of designers
- B2B, SaaS, or E-Commerce experience a strong plus
- Startup experience a strong plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) plus flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
- Generous referral bonuses because we believe no one can spot great talent better than our own team