LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 3,500 retailers and more than 1,200 brands across 22 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’, as well as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is looking for a Director of Product Design to join our growing team in New York City, reporting directly to our co-founder and CTO. This role will be responsible for leading, growing, and structuring our product design team to work with various customers and internal teams on prototyping and creating a world-class design system. At the highest level, this role will help instill LeafLink’s values into our product design org and all user experiences.
This role is for a hands-on individual who leads by example. You will be responsible for using the latest design tools and practices to streamline our design thinking, culture, and velocity. You are a good fit for this position if you have experience collaborating and communicating with multiple stakeholders on project expectations, concepts, and timelines.
- Lead, manage, and grow the Product Design team at LeafLink, creating career growth plans for reports and managing a P&L.
- Define and own quarterly design initiatives to support LeafLink’s annual OKR goals
- Manage and drive LeafLink’s design system across e-commerce and our enterprise SaaS suite
- Cultivate design thinking grounded in customer research and analytics
- Establish best practices, principles, tools, and frameworks that empower designers
- Partner with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to maintain a consistent brand and voice in our customer experience
- Lead by example, balancing your own product design projects while mentoring and guiding a team of designers
- Partner with Product and Customer experience to establish processes around continuous customer discovery
- Drive new ideas into user research, stakeholder reviews, and prototypes throughout the design lifecycle
- Streamline our process around delivering design into engineering
- Use research and data to steer design thinking and own the design of new products and features across the design life cycle
- Maintain a holistic view of the product and drive toward a simple and coherent experience
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense as well as educating colleagues on practical use cases
- An established track record for owning the design of a growing product and features across the entire life cycle
- 3+ years managing a team of three or more product designers
- A high quality portfolio that showcases various examples of user research, successful design systems, and game-changing concepts that helped drive business goals
- Deep expertise in modern web design technologies and tools, including, Sketch, Figma, Principle, Zeplin, InVision, Illustrator, Photoshop, CSS, and HTML
- B2B or B2C experience with an interest in a multitude of business models, ideally e-commerce or enterprise SaaS
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Extensive understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies, and A/B test planning/execution
- Experience working in agile teams and practicing data-driven design
- Interested in learning new technologies and leveraging them to drive organizational success
- An interest in the cannabis industry and/or the LeafLink brand
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events