LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we’re defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000’s ‘Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies’, one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our Engineering team who is passionate about working with teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will focus on the mentorship, design, buildout, and iteration of LeafLink’s existing and emerging systems associated with their credit, servicing and financing offeringsFinancial’s existing and emerging systems, enabling a continued growthnew to a massive (and massive) revenue stream. As a member of our engineering leadership team, you will be in a position to have a direct and lasting impact everywhere in the business. Your contribution will be immediate and have positive ripple effects across not just our business, but also the business of each of our customers.
LeafLink has built a successful financial platform, helping brands and retailers on our platform optimize cash flow and reduce risk and solutions that optimize our internal credit and operations team’s workflows to service our financial offerings . We’ve built a growing team around these products and are now looking for an experienced Engineering lead to come in and take our platform and products to the next level. You will get to work with new and growing technologies and concepts such as containerized and serverless design patterns, Python, Node.js, Golang, Kubernetes, Kafka, Vue.js, GraphQL, AWS managed services, third-party financial tooling integrations, and service-oriented architectures. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. They should be prepared to provide mentorship and coaching to their engineering team that pushes them and our technology to the next level They will be equally accountable to the success and delivery of their cross-functional pod’s goals along with their Product Manager and Engineering Manager partners This role is extremely hands on and comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.
- Design, build, and iterate on our various financial products, helping shape the roadmap through iterative development cycles
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Set and drive the architectural design and development objectives for our emerging suite of financial tools based on a flexible product roadmap
- Review and develop architecture plans based on product-driven goals for both internal and external teams, ensuring our department’s core engineering values remain a priority
- Be seen as “the person” by team members - leading by example as a dedicated, flexible technologist who is always looking for the ideal, elegant solution to a problem while still making sure to partner effectively with other areas of the department and company
- Help make critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on LeafLink Financial’s platform and products as well as leading and mentoring others to do the same
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Analyze and evaluate existing solutions within the company and make decisions on whether to extend or refactor as needed
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose issues quickly and effectively when they arise, bringing calm and rationality to tense situations and providing a clear path forward for team members across multiple areas of the department
- Provide technical leadership and help mentor engineering, QA, operations, and product staff to deliver the best possible solutions for the company
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 10+ years working experience as an Engineering professional
- 3+ years working in a lead capacity with significant accountability
- 3+ years working in the financial services or financial technology industry
- Expert-level experience and track record of architecting large-scale decoupled, service-oriented systems
- Extensive experience working on high-traffic, international systems
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Expert-level experience working with APIs / in an API-driven environment (REST, RPC, GraphQL)
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Expert-level experience working with one or more of the following: C++, Python, Node
- Extensive experience building applications and underlying systems that work within fully containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Extensive experience working with relational and non-relational data structures and stores
- Advanced experience working in an environment that sees test-driven development as a core value and a path towards ensuring stability
- Experience working within environments that rely heavily on automation, CI, and CD concepts to rapidly deliver, measure, and iterate on products and features
- Experience working within cloud-based environments like AWS and GCP - specifically related to networking, compute, database, cache, and storage services
- Experience working within a collaborative, pair programming-driven engineering environment
- An active member of the open source and New York tech community a plus
- Experience with lending, compliance, and pricing engines is a plus
- Experience working with Apache Airflow, parquet files, and AWS Glue a plus
- Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
- An interest in the cannabis industry and / or the LeafLink brand
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.