LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 4,200 retailers and more than 1,400 brands across 25 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing team. In this role you will be responsible for developing LeafLink Financial’s network and relationships with the largest cannabis retailers in the industry, setting a new standard on how the industry transacts. This role will allow you to build relationships with executive teams and strategize on ways LeafLink can improve and simplify their business operations. This role is highly collaborative, requires creative thinking, sales expertise, and an understanding of all product offerings and platform features on LeafLink with a focus on our financial services offerings. This role will require you to interface directly with our executive team, client experience, sales, marketing, and engineering teams. You need to be a self-starter who is comfortable with change, enjoys a very fast pace, and can juggle many tasks and deadlines.
- Directly responsible for all aspects of relationship development with the largest retailers in the Cannabis industry
- Communicate LeafLink Financial’s various product and service offerings at the C-Level
- Directly responsible for expanding the network of retailers utilizing LeafLink Financial’s services
- Understand market trends and competition within the FinTech and Cannabis spaces
- Ability to put together and analyze data to prioritize pipeline targets
- Create and recommend sales process and product/technology improvements
- 3+ years of experience in a sales or relationship management role working with middle market or enterprise level companies
- 1+ years working within financial services. Experience working in the FinTech industry is a plus
- 2+ years working in and meeting monthly forecasted KPIs
- Direct experience interfacing with C-Level relationships
- Experience in professional relationship building and negotiating
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and articulate various products related to loans, lines of credit, trade credit, factoring, treasury management and other financial services
- Ability to work proficiently within Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Salesforce is a must
Who You Are:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- You are the poster child for startup hustle: change is your only constant, no challenge is too big, and no task is too small
- Self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed
- You work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, are outgoing and sociable, and enjoy meeting new people
- You are a multi-tasker and connector, as well as an organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- You have knowledge of key project management concepts including phases, plans, deliverables, scope, and tasks
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events