We are looking for a successful Director of Strategic Accounts to drive customer acquisition and revenue growth in assigned strategic market segments. You will be responsible for working with marketing to effectively target, qualify and close business with key strategic accounts.
The ideal candidate will have experience in selling SaaS to a technical audience at large national and international accounts. Your primary goal in this role is to secure long-term, profitable relationships and accelerate company revenue growth.
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and revenue quotas.
- Manage the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close, implementation, and commercial launch.
- Present new products and solutions to current and prospective clients.
- Remain in frequent contact with your clients in order to understand and document their ongoing needs, and identify new revenue and partnership opportunities.
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long term partnerships
- Negotiate agreements and maintain ongoing relationships to ensure long term satisfaction and growth
- Prepare formal proposals, produce price quotes, work with management on contract negotiations, and gather all necessary paperwork to process orders.
- Provide feedback (customer/prospect needs, industry trends, market perceptions, competitive intelligence, etc.) to company management, Marketing and Product Management teams.
- Proven track record of building relationships with clients, sourcing, selling and executing strategy projects and/ or meeting sales quotas.
- Comfort and expertise calling on and presenting to C-Suite level contacts, six figure deal sizes and 6-12 month sales cycle.
Our ideal candidate:
- Five plus years proven experience as an Enterprise AE at a technology company, selling to Fortune 1000 companies.
- Mastery of market research, prospecting, sales, and negotiating principles.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build relationships across organizations and functions, including with technical experts, product owners, and business owners.
- Knowledge of CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) and basic sales productivity tools.
Layer makes communications better in products people love and use daily. We handle millions of messages every day for businesses around the world.
We believe that great products are all about building a great experience, not reinventing the infrastructure. Our developer friendly messaging toolkit - UI kits, SDKs and APIs let developers focus on building great experiences.
We obsess about great engineering and design, across mobile and web. We care deeply about making our code, APIs, and documentation functional, useful and beautiful.
We're a small team, with a focus on individual responsibility and rapid development. If you like thinking big and having an impact, you'll enjoy working with us!