Enterprise Account Manager
Grow Layer's existing business. As an enterprise account manager, you will be the main point of contact and own the relationships with Layer's largest and fastest growing customers. You will interact with executives and stakeholders as you develop business plans for how to make them and Layer mutually successful. In this “sales” role, you will have the responsibility to understand their businesses, KPIs and unique requirements and oversee how Layer can support them through their life-cycle with Layer. It will be your responsibility to drive adoption of Layer's comprehensive offering to make communications better across all their products.
You will work closely with our product management team to shape the future of Layer's products. We are looking for a great relationship builder that can discuss both tactical and strategic matters focused on improving our customers' KPIs through messaging.
- Build long-term relationships with Layer's top customers and expand those relationships through providing real business value to them and increasing Layer’s footprint.
- Work with Layer customers to improve their core business KPIs through messaging.
- Drive quarterly business results through strategic account planning and execution.
- Secure new bookings and existing revenue through prevention of churn and customer contract renewals.
- Make customers love Layer by proactively offering advice on best practices and creative product solutions.
- Collaborate with the product team on issue resolution and proactively identifying product gaps and new product opportunities.
- Has 7+ years of experience in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organization.
- Ability to understand the Layer's product offering from both the market fit and functional side to build compelling business value propositions and see them through implementation.
- Ability to build great relationships with business owners, including heads of digital, customer experience, marketing and product.
- Experience working as an account manager for enterprise businesses, particularly with technical customers or complex solutions.
- Strong empathy for customers and their users
- Innate curiosity as to how various businesses work, and advocate for our top users.
- Ability to understand complex enterprise requirements and craft custom solutions.
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Crisp verbal and written communication skills.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working as an account manager in retail, financial, or hospitality industries.
- Experience in a customer-facing role working with high-growth technology companies.
- Experience with sales, marketing and analytics tools
Please include these in your application:
- Products or projects you’ve worked on or managed accounts for.
- Languages you are fluent in, both human (and technical).
- What you find most interesting about Layer.
Layer makes communications better in products people love and use daily. We handle millions of messages every day for businesses around the world.
We believe that great solutions are all about building great experiences that maximize the value of each interaction between humans, not reinventing the infrastructure. Our developer friendly messaging toolkit - UI kits, SDKs and APIs let developers focus on building great experiences.
We obsess about great engineering and design, across mobile and web. We care deeply about making our code, APIs, and documentation functional, useful and beautiful.
We're a small team, with a focus on individual responsibility and rapid development. If you like thinking big and having an impact, you'll enjoy working with us!