Layer is looking for a hungry and effective Support Engineer who shares our passion for delivering a delightful developer experience and will be a key factor in growing Layer's support organization.
This means that, along with daily support duties, such as triaging tickets, updating our documentation, and investigating issues that come up, you'll be working with our integration engineers and customer success team to set goals and design processes to make sure we provide timely, helpful support to developers around the world.
The Support Engineer position is a junior engineering role with significant opportunities to move into our Integration Engineering, Core Engineering, or Sales Engineering teams.
As a Support Engineer, you will:
- Ensure Layer customers get a world-class support experience every time
- Deeply understand the architecture and features of our entire technology stack
- Analyze customer issues and develop an intuition for debugging across a variety of coding styles
- Respond to support tickets and live questions from customers from around the world
- Accurately diagnose product bugs to help core engineering resolve them
- Design automations and processes to improve support efficiency
- Naturally curious about, and a strong intuition for identifying and debugging code
- A clear, well-formed communication style both in writing and in person, with the ability to shift from an empathetic to assertive stance when necessary
- Desire to grow as an engineer alongside a world-class engineering team
- Well-organized — able to keep track of many things in-flight at once and context-shift between different topics
Bonus points for:
- Having built and launched a mobile or web product
- Proficiency in multiple languages, both technical and human
Please include these in your application:
- Why you are the best candidate for this role
- A project you are proud of
- Languages you are fluent in, both human and technical
Layer makes communications better in products people love and use daily. We handle millions of messages every day for businesses around the world.
We believe that great products are all about building a great experience, not reinventing the infrastructure. Our developer friendly messaging toolkit - UI kits, SDKs and APIs let developers focus on building great experiences.
We obsess about great engineering and design, across mobile and web. We care deeply about making our code, APIs, and documentation functional, useful and beautiful.
We're a small team, with a focus on individual responsibility and rapid development. If you like thinking big and having an impact, you'll enjoy working with us!