Location: Waco, Texas
About Hello Bello:
Hello Bello is so much more than just a baby company – we're on a mission. We believe in 'Premium for All' and are committed to creating the highest quality products at the most reasonable cost, because every child deserves the best. We believe in doing better for babies, parents, and the planet. We believe in doing good and giving back. We believe in exceeding expectations and going above and beyond. And while it's all serious business to us, we also believe in having fun – and we try to with product design, content, and community. And obviously with each other, too. Join us!
Hello Bello is looking for a highly-motivated Supervisor, Shipping & Receiving to lead, manage and grow a robust process and team within our Castaic, CA warehouse. You will be responsible for performing and controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. You will hire, train and motivate a team with the goal of promoting a positive and safe work environment.
- Establish an environment of teamwork, employee involvement/empowerment, fairness, and consistency.
- Assign work, review work, and manage performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes.
- Supervise employees, picking and packing, and quality process in accordance with policies and procedures to obtain optimal quality and profitability in the assigned departments.
- Ensure proper staffing for shift, following guidelines based on order volume. Oversee employees’ attendance and time management.
- Develop and conduct necessary training activities for new staff members and temporary employees.
- Conduct performance reviews, coach and train direct employees.
- Review productivity, KPI, and quality reports to ensure department is meeting pre-established targets and take necessary steps when targets are not being met.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, working conditions, and increased efficiencies.
- Monitor and ensure that all facility equipment is working correctly and meeting production standards.
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of processes and policies that contribute to the timely and accurate fulfillment and operations, while maintaining cost and quality efficiencies
- Oversee safety activities to include ensuring compliance with DHL’s safety policy and ensuring bi-annual Safety Methods and Employee Training is conducted.
- Act as liaison between the facility and parcel carriers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
PREFERRED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain, product distribution, or warehouse operations Demonstrated successful experience in supervising and driving improved production standards and automation utilization.
- Knowledge of and experience in Shipping/Receiving
- Experience with RF technology
- Experience with WMS and/or ERP systems
- Experience in implementing and applying process improvement tools
- Experience in designing and delivering training and safety programs
- HS Diploma/GED, AA Degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in managing a team (20+ staff members), in a warehouse distribution environment
- Knowledge of operations quality and safety programs
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate, delegate, and hold direct reports accountable to daily, weekly and monthly production objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to adapt to various audiences
- Experience with shipping, receiving and inventory control
- Strong analytical and problem solving and skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- May be required to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently walk throughout the warehouse to supervise employees.
- Physical demands are consistent with a warehouse environment where frequently this position will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud enough to require protective equipment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA option at your discretion
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee discounts on Hello Bello products