About Hello Bello:
Hello Bello is so much more than just a baby company – we're on a mission. We believe in 'Premium for All' and are committed to creating the highest quality products at the most reasonable cost, because every child deserves the best. We believe in doing better for babies, parents, and the planet. We believe in doing good and giving back. We believe in exceeding expectations and going above and beyond. And while it's all serious business to us, we also believe in having fun – and we try to with product design, content, and community. And obviously with each other, too. Join us!
Hello Bello is looking for a Purchasing Manager that will oversee the purchasing and/or contracting for manufacturing raw materials, and support the procurement of supplies, equipment, and services at our new Fulfillment and Manufacturing facility in Waco, Texas. We recently moved to Waco and look forward to building out a robust manufacturing operation for our best-in-class diapers. You will be responsible for continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery. The Purchasing Manager will work closely with multiple business units, developing strategies and coordinating supply chain activities to assure that cost and value-added requirements are met, while maintaining the highest ethical business standards.
- Development of procurement strategy; establishment of purchasing budgets, plans, policies, systems and procedures within the organization
- Develop and maintain efficient procurement systems for purchase and delivery of raw materials and supplies
- Establishes and maintains purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair, and ethical relationships with vendors
- Manage the acquisition of raw materials, ensure efficient inventory and optimum stock levels for operations
- Maintain current customer and vendor relationships; negotiate key contracts to optimize value
- Track and analyze purchasing activities and data. Prepare reports as needed and apply the results to purchasing decisions.
- Work with Finance to analyze cost accounting, specifically material costs and determine necessary product pricing actions to cover actual or projected raw material increases
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identify and qualify new suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or other related field
- 7+ years of experience in purchasing, procurement, materials planning and/or supply chain in a fast-paced consumer goods manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of experience in a management/leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and deliver tactical results through people and parties not in direct reporting lines, and effectively work through cross-functional teams to drive process improvements
- Hands on experience in MRP, ERP and/or systems specifically related to inventory control, materials requirements planning, item master, demand planning, and production planning
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders in all levels of the organization
- Ability to build collaborative teams and cultivate a positive work environment with an emphasis on trust and empowerment
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA option at your discretion
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee discounts on Hello Bello products