Location: Pacific Palisades, CA (will be remote until Safer at Home is lifted)
About Hello Bello:
Hello Bello is so much more than just a baby company – we're on a mission. We believe in 'Premium for All' and are committed to creating the highest quality products at the most reasonable cost, because every child deserves the best. We believe in doing better for babies, parents, and the planet. We believe in doing good and giving back. We believe in exceeding expectations and going above and beyond. And while it's all serious business to us, we also believe in having fun – and we try to with product design, content, and community. And obviously with each other, too. Join us!
The Planning Manager is responsible for ensuring finished goods inventories are at target to mitigate risks of backorders and obsolescence, requiring planning and managing purchase orders with contract manufacturers across the supplements, personal care, children’s and household goods industries. The Manager must develop the processes, tools and reports that fully leverage the capabilities of the team and our ERP system, requiring significant expertise in Microsoft Excel.
The Planning Manager role is an essential role for the organization as it ensures that Sales, Marketing, and Production needs are aligned to meet organizational targets for On-Time and In-Full-service levels as well as overall Inventory Valuation. As a critical member of Sales & Operations (S&OP) process, the Planning Manager is responsible for integrating and aligning long range (12-24 month) and medium range (3-6 month) demand forecasts and finished goods supply plans. The role also involves developing and executing an inventory and capacity utilization strategy that supports achieving order fulfillment goals.
- Lead team of Buyer / Planner(s) to develop and improve processes, tools, systems and reports to execute the planning processes, creating alignment and a singular execution plan and fully leverage the team, supply chain partners and system capabilities
- Collaborate with Sourcing to strive for assurance of supply including identifying dual sourcing opportunities in manufacturing and material/component supply
- Responsible for development and maintenance of supply plan of assigned finished goods, considering shelf life expiration, while balancing channel demands with supply capabilities to maintain target stock levels and support on time shipments to customers
- Analyze inventory levels of components for co-pack needs in order to avoid unnecessary labor and material costs. Support the everyday and seasonal business in order to validate inventory plans in line with organizational expectations.
- Leverage MRP functionality to drive materials planning and procurement execution. Ensure supporting Master Data (BOM, item attributes, safety stock, lead-time, etc.) is managed to support systemic supply management.
- Work closely with Demand Planning to ensure demand plans are up to date and consistent with recent trends or retailer intel
- Monitor receipts and transfers in order to ensure the timely delivery and availability of product.
- Identify and resolve supply exceptions by expediting purchase orders and re-allocating existing inventory
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports to provide stakeholders with actionable data and insights regarding current and projected supply levels and key risks.
- Review supply invoices for payment processing. Assist with month end close activities
- Support SC Strategies, annual goals and key KPIs (On time launches, CSL, inventory)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Business Management, or related field; and at least three years previous related working experience in supply chain planning roles; fast scaling company experience strongly preferred
- 5 years’ experience as supply planner, buyer, or demand planner preferred
- Must have experience in material planning and procurement, including MRP planning using ERP systems.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Proficiency working with spreadsheets and data analytics, along with the ability to communicate results effectively to a diverse audience.
- CPIM and/or CSCP certificates preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Intermediate knowledge of all other Microsoft Office products
- Ability to multitask, working effectively on several projects simultaneously in a time sensitive environment
- Critical thinker who has attention to detail. Adept at problem solving with incomplete or ambiguous inputs.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contact
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA option at your discretion
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee discounts on some Launched.LA brand